BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Sell your bits!
NOTE: This is for members and their private sales/wants.
There are rules that suppliers have to follow (and many of you do follow the rules). However there have been a number of instances recently where "suppliers" have broken the rules.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum

Jimny JA 11 RHD High Steer Kit

More
09 Oct 2022 14:13 - 09 Oct 2022 18:53 #245342 by Jethro
Brand new and in original box.

Full Jimny JA 11 RHD High Steer Kit for sale, purchased and imported direct from Trail Gear earlier this year (at great cost) but never fitted. Vehicle now sold so kit is now surplus to requirements.

I should add that the bolt on Steering Arms have the same bolt centers as 3rd Gen Jimny's, so can't see why this kit couldn't be made to work on later Jimnys.

It cost me..

£356.22 for the kit
£224.81 for shipping
and £109.29 in Import Duties

Total = £690

The above may be more expensive now due to the current strength of the dollar

I'll let it go for £600, saving you £90 plus a long wait :)

Grab a bargain!

The kit is as per below

Suzuki Jimny JA11 RHD High Steer KitThe Trail-Gear Suzuki JA11 RHD High Steer Kit has been engineered specifically to work with stock Suzuki RHD Jimny JA11 axles. This complete kit features solid forged 8620 steel steering arms, heavy duty 1 ¼" x .250" wall DOM Drag Link and Tie Rod, FJ80 tie rod ends and all necessary hardware. This kit even includes the hard-to-find 1:10 taper reamer for reaming out your stock Pitman arm! The Trail-Gear Suzuki Jimny JA11 RHD High Steer kit has been designed for easy installation. It is a must-have for a spring over axle set-up!

Absolute doddle to fit

PM me if interested, otherwise it's going on eBay.

Cheers
Last edit: 09 Oct 2022 18:53 by Jethro.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2022 21:49 #245377 by Jethro
Go on then, hit me with some offers. What's it worth..?

More
11 Oct 2022 07:25 - 11 Oct 2022 07:26 #245384 by Busta
What's this kit for? Higher steering angle for tighter turns or to lift the steering arms up out of harms way?

The steering arms on a Gen3 Jimny are part of the hub carrier casting, and the track rod runs behind the axle, so I can't see how these would work?

trail-gear.com/steering/steering-kits/ja...-high-steer-kit.html
Last edit: 11 Oct 2022 07:26 by Busta.

More
11 Oct 2022 10:49 #245385 by fordem

What's this kit for? Higher steering angle for tighter turns or to lift the steering arms up out of harms way?

The intent is to eliminate or at least reduce bump steer - when a live axled vehicle has a suspension lift fitted the drag link (between the steering arm and the steering box) will sit at an angle, and as the suspension cycles the angle changes, pushing/pulling on the arm as if the steering wheel was being turned when it's not.

This kit mounts new arms higher up, in theory, returning the drag link to a generally horizontal position (or at least reducing the angle it would be at)  and as a result reduces the bump steer.  I don't see it as being of much value to anyone who doesn't have a JA11 Jimny.

More
11 Oct 2022 11:37 #245386 by Busta
Gotcha. An alternative solution to a dropped pitman arm.

More
11 Oct 2022 13:05 #245388 by fordem
I don't want to describe it as an alternative solution, more of a supplementary one, for when you have more lift that the dropped pitman arm can correct for, but, yes, they achieve pretty much the same result.

More
11 Oct 2022 18:42 - 11 Oct 2022 20:16 #245401 by Jethro
This kit replaces the original steering arms with forged steering arms and a track rod that bolt on to the brake caliper mounts and face forwards above and in front of the hubs. The steering arms and linkage on a Gen 3 Jimny are low down behind the front hubs, so quite vulnerable.

As Fordem says, it also improves the angle of the drag link and reduces bump steer.

They are for a JA11, but the forged high steer steering arms have the same hole centres as Gen 3 Jimnys. With a bit of fettling, I think they would probably work on a Gen 3, can't see why not.

If you are looking for an easy High Steer mod this kit might be just the job.
Last edit: 11 Oct 2022 20:16 by Jethro.

More
11 Oct 2022 18:55 #245402 by Jethro

More
02 Nov 2022 10:10 #245707 by Jethro
Now listed on eBay, price dropped to £449

PM me if interested..

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds