BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Sell your bits!
NOTE: This is for members and their private sales/wants.
There are rules that suppliers have to follow (and many of you do follow the rules). However there have been a number of instances recently where "suppliers" have broken the rules.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum

JB23 K6A Incoming!

• KeiCar
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jan 2021 09:50 #232106 by KeiCar
JB23 K6A Incoming! was created by KeiCar
Hi Jimny Folks!Having searched for a while, I've finally got a 1998 JB23 JDM Kei car getting on the boat from Japan. The peppy 658cc Turbo Intercooled engine is mated to a 4 speed automatic transmission, and I'm really looking forward to giving it a twirl when it arrives in the Spring.  It'd be great to blow out the COVID cobwebs of the past year and (fingers crossed) meet up and show her off in the planned Summer meet!Ive attached some pics, this is my first Jimny: so be gentle please and share your thoughts...:) cheers 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
23 Jan 2021 10:01 #232108 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic JB23 K6A Incoming!
Welcome to the forum. Love the kei version, it has a simplicity and purity of design especially the exterior that begins to be lost with the wide version. Yes very nice.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: KeiCar

More
23 Jan 2021 10:23 #232109 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic JB23 K6A Incoming!
Hello and welcome. I bet you can't wait? Looks good.

More
23 Jan 2021 13:00 - 23 Jan 2021 13:01 #232110 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic JB23 K6A Incoming!
Hi and Welcome .

Looks very tidy and I like the idea of the 658 engine. Lack off cc's in my experience makes a vehicle more interesting to drive, it has more soul, so looks like fun.
Hope to see it at the meet.
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 23 Jan 2021 13:01 by Scimike.

• KeiCar
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Jan 2021 10:07 #232135 by KeiCar
Replied by KeiCar on topic JB23 K6A Incoming!
Thanks fellas appreciate the kind words. Can't wait for this arrival...is gonna be a hoot to drive, and to have such an original rust free early Gen3 to work on will be lots of fun, especially with that 658cc TI up front: very tuneable :)

More
24 Jan 2021 10:56 #232137 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic JB23 K6A Incoming!
Great looking Vehicle

Make sure you get it rust proofed as the Japanese don't use salt on their roads and so their cars are not treated for rust.

• Kicomoco
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Jan 2021 12:26 #232145 by Kicomoco
Replied by Kicomoco on topic JB23 K6A Incoming!
Are you planning any mods?

• KeiCar
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Jan 2021 14:58 #232149 by KeiCar
Replied by KeiCar on topic JB23 K6A Incoming!
Mods would depend on the feedback once I've get it later in spring especially as I would not want to spoil such a pure looking Jimny. As far as salty roads of Blighty, I've a Dinitrol centre nearby which has proven to be a top notch (but not wallet friendly) move in the past. I've previously imported Landcruisers which as soon as I've had registered and prep'd etc,...I've been made offers and sold quickly. Maybe that might happen again, but I won't be disappointed if I got this little beauty to myself, for a while anyway!

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds