BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Sell your bits!
NOTE: This is for members and their private sales/wants.
There are rules that suppliers have to follow (and many of you do follow the rules). However there have been a number of instances recently where "suppliers" have broken the rules.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum

In Search Of A New Love

• tricia
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Sep 2020 10:34 #228523 by tricia
In Search Of A New Love was created by tricia
Hi all,

brand new to the group and am searching for a jimny to replace my much loved (and hard worn) 1998/9 Maria Juanita Conchita Gonzalez. She worked hard for me for ten years after coming over from Spain and this Summer was a step too far for her as a tiny hole in the lower rad hose left her overheated and probable heads cracked. Again. My lovely mechanic is looking at her but he really doesn't hold out much hope.

I am after a new-to-me Jimny to replace her because these hardworking little trucks are perfect for my hilly county.

Would be really grateful for any suggestions on where I should be looking and for what.

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2020 10:46 #228524 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic In Search Of A New Love
Terry Lofley has a mint example on an 11 plate that is for sale at around 6.5k if that is in your price bracket. It really is the cleanest Jimny I have ever seen. There is not one spot of rust on it and they have coated the underside and treated the cavities with Waxoyl. I saw it stripped for a new carpet and wished I had it....

Their bodyshop is in Shirebrook, Notts. and the number is 01623 742292. He's a nice bloke to deal with too....

sniper
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tricia

More
25 Sep 2020 12:40 #228528 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic In Search Of A New Love
That is nice. Same year and colour as mine, but I paid about the same last year for mine (slightly more actually) and there is more rust on the underside. If you don't buy it I wonder if they will do a swap?

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

The following user(s) said Thank You: tricia

• tricia
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Sep 2020 17:56 #228552 by tricia
Replied by tricia on topic In Search Of A New Love
That is rather gorgeous. Notts is a little too far to travel but am really grateful for yr recommendation.

More
28 Sep 2020 20:12 #228601 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic In Search Of A New Love
lf possible you should make the effort to go and look at this Jimny, it looks about as good as you will get and the price isn't high considering how good it is.

A train ride down and you could drive it home!

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds