BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Sell your bits!
NOTE: This is for members and their private sales/wants.
There are rules that suppliers have to follow (and many of you do follow the rules). However there have been a number of instances recently where "suppliers" have broken the rules.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum

BOUGHT! WTB Jimny driver's side Clockspring for airbag

• Talkstar
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jul 2020 21:48 #225766 by Talkstar
Does anyone want to sell me their driver's side airbag clockspring from a MY 02 & newer Jimny? So I can repair or swap mine out. It needs to be from a Jimny with 3 spoke steering wheel. That is the newer version as I also have.
I figure these clocksprings could be worth 20 to 30 quid second hand. Am I right??
I'm located in Finland so the one wanting to sell me one have to be able to send it to me for a reasonable cost.
Either there isn't a lot of Jimnii breaking for parts in this country or people think clocksprings are made of gold here.
Please, help a fellow enthusiast out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jul 2020 06:57 #225771 by mlines
I have one but I am not sure what Jimny it is from? Is there an easy way to tell?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• Talkstar
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jul 2020 13:02 #225782 by Talkstar
Replied by Talkstar on topic WTB Jimny driver's side Clockspring for airbag
Yes there is a easy way. I will send you a PM.

• Talkstar
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jul 2020 13:14 #225783 by Talkstar
For everyone else wondering. I attached two pics of an newer clockspring for Jimny with 3 spoke steering wheel.
Attachments:

More
28 Jul 2020 16:56 - 28 Jul 2020 17:00 #225792 by mlines
This is the one I have, which looks like the wrong one

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Jul 2020 17:00 by mlines.

• Talkstar
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jul 2020 22:34 #225810 by Talkstar
Yep, that is wrong. It's for the earlier model. 98 - 01 with 4 spoke steering wheel. What a bummer :S

• Talkstar
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jul 2020 19:23 - 31 Jul 2020 19:24 #225903 by Talkstar
Got myself a clockspring now. Thank you all for great support. Now everything works as it should be :laugh:
Last edit: 31 Jul 2020 19:24 by Talkstar.

• dm7333306
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Aug 2020 09:14 #226546 by dm7333306

Talkstar wrote: Does anyone want to sell me their driver's side airbag clockspring from a MY 02 & newer Jimny? So I can repair or swap mine out. It needs to be from a Jimny with 3 spoke steering wheel. That is the newer version as I also have.
I figure these clocksprings could be worth 20 to 30 quid second hand. Am I right??
I'm located in Finland so the one wanting to sell me one have to be able to send it to me for a reasonable cost.
Either there isn't a lot of Jimnii breaking for parts in this country or people think clocksprings are made of gold here.
Please, help a fellow enthusiast out.

Hi, contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. he sell all kinds of part

Sent from my SM-A207F using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds