BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Sell your bits!
NOTE: This is for members and their private sales/wants.
There are rules that suppliers have to follow (and many of you do follow the rules). However there have been a number of instances recently where "suppliers" have broken the rules.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum

Re:WANTED: 3.9 REAR DIFF

More
15 Jan 2020 09:42 - 15 Jan 2020 09:43 #217281 by mlines
WANTED: 3.9 REAR DIFF was created by mlines
As per title

Need a good diff to rebuild my ARB into.

A 3.9 is a pre-VVT diff from a manual Jimny - so common in the UK

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 15 Jan 2020 09:43 by mlines.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 21:17 #217289 by facade
Replied by facade on topic WANTED: 3.9 REAR DIFF
I've still got the good rear diff I took out of my 2000 M series manual, it is in the garage somewhere.
It has been a few years, but I'm sure I wrapped it in polythene and put it in a box, so it should be ok. I can have a look for it on Friday, I'm working tomorrow when it is light.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mlines

More
15 Jan 2020 22:03 #217290 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:WANTED: 3.9 REAR DIFF
Many thanks, let me know when you find out

Martin

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air

More
17 Jan 2020 12:13 #217334 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Re:WANTED: 3.9 REAR DIFF
Found it!
The crown wheel has 43 teeth. No rust inside, pinion seal wasn't leaking when I took it off. It had done 80,000, and I swapped it because I had a bearing noise definitely from the axle, that turned out to be a front.

You can have it if you want it, we need to organise a member relay to get it down to you, I'm not carrying it to the Post Office!
First stage needs someone taking the A5 M54 or M6 Toll past Cannock. ;)

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
17 Jan 2020 12:28 #217336 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:WANTED: 3.9 REAR DIFF
Thats fantastic.

Whilst I understand you not wanting to take it to a post office, would you be prepared to wrap and box it so I could arrange a courier collect service?

Martin

More
17 Jan 2020 12:40 #217337 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Re:WANTED: 3.9 REAR DIFF
Yes, that isn't a problem, I'd have done that if one of the members was picking it up.
It might take a while to get hold of a strong box- I'm shopping tomorrow so I can see what is about.

I'll PM you

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds