BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Discuss the BigJimny Shop and Website in this section. Whats good, whats bad, whats ugly! - what would you like to see!

iPhone 8 running Safari

More
10 Jun 2020 20:02 #223465 by mlines
Anyone having problems posting using an iPhone8 and Safari?

I don't have one to try, but have heard a report of issues

Martin

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2020 20:50 #223467 by X8GGY
Replied by X8GGY on topic iPhone 8 running Safari
Answering on an iPhone 8(+) running Safari...

Dave B)

More
11 Jun 2020 05:55 #223470 by RainerK
Replied by RainerK on topic iPhone 8 running Safari
I use an iPad with Safari and I have to log in every time I visit bigjimny.com. I would not call this a problem and it helps me remember my password.

Tapatalk for iPad does not work for me for bigjimny.com. I get the message: „You are not logged in or you do not have permission“.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
11 Jun 2020 06:01 #223473 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic iPhone 8 running Safari
Everyone has to log in each visit, that's a security thing.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
11 Jun 2020 12:25 #223486 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic iPhone 8 running Safari
Using the phone browser you typically have to log in every time as the browsers tend to not persist cookies from session to session on a phone.

Tapatalk should work however as the login is not held in the same way (although Tapatalk on Kunena , which is what my server runs, is buggy)

Martin

Martin

235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

More
11 Jun 2020 13:39 #223492 by X8GGY
Replied by X8GGY on topic iPhone 8 running Safari
Did someone say buggy? ;)

:woohoo:

More
11 Jun 2020 19:05 #223508 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic iPhone 8 running Safari

mlines wrote: Using the phone browser you typically have to log in every time as the browsers tend to not persist cookies from session to session on a phone.

Tapatalk should work however as the login is not held in the same way (although Tapatalk on Kunena , which is what my server runs, is buggy)

Martin

I’ve used Chrome and Safari on multiple iOS devices. BigJimny is the only forum that requires login each time I visit. I regularly use about 5 other forums, but a member of many more.

Behaviour is identical across both browsers in this regard. Ok if it’s a security thing. But it is a tad annoying being forced to log in each time. I also find similar behaviour on Chrome from a PC (usually a MAC or Chrome OS. But also Windows).

On that note. Safari will pretty much work the same across all iOS devices depending on the version of iOS. It is unlikely to be related to the device. Do you know the nature of the problem being reported?

More
11 Jun 2020 21:27 #223518 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic iPhone 8 running Safari
The user is reporting that it "hangs" when starting a new thread.

They get a red box from my system stating that Kunena has encountered a problem and please start the debugger.

As I do not have Apple technology I cannot reproduce this.

Martin

More
12 Jun 2020 09:46 #223526 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic iPhone 8 running Safari

mlines wrote: The user is reporting that it "hangs" when starting a new thread.

They get a red box from my system stating that Kunena has encountered a problem and please start the debugger.

As I do not have Apple technology I cannot reproduce this.

Taking a bit of a wild guess. But having managed to trigger a few errors on here in the past by using copy & paste from another source (eg from notes or another forum). Or some funky syntax when inserting smiles. Or even when inserting vid/images. I wonder if it is this. As I’ve also seen a somewhat cryptic error message on a occasion.

Maybe worth asking them to try creating a new thread called Test with a couple of words types into the editor. That might help rule out the browser/device. If they still get the error see if they will install Chrome browser and try again.

Another thing I notice with the forum. Sometimes when I try to create a new thread. The editor and title are pre-populated from when I last created a new thread. I guess it caches and saves the content. But doesn’t clear down correctly on submission/cancel. If they have a bad character then it might be persisting between sessions.

Also as the forum as multiple entry points for thread creation. Such as when in a sub forum or not. It might be worth exploring and trying different start points.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds