BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimnybits

More
18 Nov 2010 07:51 #6069 by ooky_123
Jimnybits was created by ooky_123
I have been in the market for new Pro-Comp shockers for a while now.
Having weighed up the pro's and con's for going with much better quality items, I have decided to give Pro-Comp another go, only this time to opt for E1000's rather than the previous E3000's.

After looking around, the best prices I could find were from JimnyBits, so the order was placed.
That was almost 3 weeks ago and no sign of the dampers yet.
Communication between Russ @ JimnyBits has been excellent, and although I still donot have my dampers, he is really ontop of things, and has been actively chasing his courier.

Im not that concerned just yet as the MOT isn't until January and I still have a few more miles left in the two that are leaking, but Top Marks for Customer Service has to go to JimnyBits.

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2010 15:31 #6095 by Jamie
Replied by Jamie on topic Re: Jimnybits
Ive got ES1000's and they are really soft!! Im going for the Rough Country from
Llama next, Been in a Jimny with them and they are cracking!!

More
18 Nov 2010 15:37 #6097 by ooky_123
Replied by ooky_123 on topic Re: Jimnybits
Thats interesting Jamie .. I had ES3000's and with the KAP +2" springs, they are really hard and spine breaking on rough terrain.
Im hoping the softer ES1000's make it a nicer ride.

If not then Ill go the rough country option. the current ES3000's have lasted 14 months and I have 2 that have started to leak / loose their rubbers.

Received an Update from Jimnybits, Should get the new items tomorrow.

Top Bloke Russ !!

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Nov 2010 15:39 #6099 by biggaz
Replied by biggaz on topic Re: Jimnybits
Isnt there a warranty with the pro comp shockers?

Ive got es1000's here to fit, hope there ok....

More
18 Nov 2010 15:40 #6100 by Jamie
Replied by Jamie on topic Re: Jimnybits
Had mine for about 2 years and they are knacked, Not too impressed with
the build quality but i suppose they do get a hard time down there!!!

More
18 Nov 2010 20:43 #6120 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re: Jimnybits
Apparently mine came with es3000s on the front and the previous owner went up to es9000s . The ride its not to bad. I have a heavy winch bumper and winch on the front.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• Adamski
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Nov 2010 09:01 #6165 by Adamski
Replied by Adamski on topic Re: Jimnybits

mlines wrote: Apparently mine came with es3000s on the front and the previous owner went up to es9000s . The ride its not to bad. I have a heavy winch bumper and winch on the front.

Martin

I have es3000's all round and they are very stiff! i have to drive a lot slower than others when off road because the ride is so rough and im fearful for damaging myself/the car. its interesting what Martin said about different shocks on the front and the back. i like the front being stiff because i dont have an anti roll bar, but might look at getting softer shocks on the back. do we know for a fact that es1000s are softer than the es3000s?

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds