BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A section for Vitara and SJ owners.
If you have not yet upgraded to a Jimny then you can discuss your current Suzuki 4x4 here!

The SJ413, SJ410 and SJ510/2 trailer of the Yakuza

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
02 Jul 2019 04:26 #210502 by Lambert
That's cool. Needs better wheels but even so it's still cool. Are you going to colour match it to the Jimny?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2019 05:48 #210503 by yakuza
Screams for better wheels :) still searching for steel wheels to modify.

I am having it colour matched to the SJ in the first pictures on page one.
But at this rate it will be finished some time late 2036

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
08 Sep 2021 19:49 #238364 by Dirtbird
Yakuza would you mind if when I start the trailer/camper i post in this thread might be a good resource for others ? Right I see why your not using the chassis of another Jimny. That puts my plan back a bit but in a good way.

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

More
08 Sep 2021 21:44 #238369 by yakuza
Yes, please link your build topic or thread here, even though this is the SJ section it relates.

I strongly recommend to use the frame, axle brakes and tow connection from an existing trailer. Especially if you plan on doing 80 - 100kmh with more than 300kg. Or do you have these regulations? Here you can go max 60kmh if the trailer wheighs more than 300kg and Has no brakes.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirtbird

More
08 Sep 2021 22:28 #238370 by Dirtbird
Yakuza not fully aware of the trailer regulations here in Ireland but I'm going to find out. Thanks for allowing me to post into the thread. I hear you about getting an existing trailer to attach the body of the Jimny onto. Great thanks Yakuza.
Jon

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

More
11 Sep 2021 23:42 - 11 Sep 2021 23:50 #238496 by yakuza
 Just a few pictures and updates on the trailer build:
Interior, without the mattress. The aluminium is a great heat conductor. So been thinking of isolation on the inside there. And here and there inside. Covering the wheel wells with loudspeaker fabric helped alot
Roof hatch from an old caravan, and an ikea curtain on the rear window. Bare minimum but work ok. 10 nights in it so far. 

Wheels are ok now, original SJ on adapter spacers. Got a set of 4x100 15" Steel wheels I might do som trickery to so they fit Some 235s without the spacers. Have to move the centers. 

​​​​​

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Sep 2021 23:50 by yakuza.

More
25 Aug 2022 18:00 - 25 Aug 2022 18:02 #244743 by yakuza

​​​
Looking for something in the basement, I found an old British Rhino Magazine. 2006.

The Green high roof is me. The other guys are still into suzukis as well. 

Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Aug 2022 18:02 by yakuza.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, Soeley

More
07 Jan 2023 22:44 - 07 Jan 2023 23:02 #246752 by yakuza

Went shopping today. 1984 SJ 410 in not too bad state. Some of the floor is fiber glass, it has alot of brown areas but was drivable when it was parked years ago. last mot it never got was 2012.
Allready found it got no spark so changed the disto from the old 410 to a SJ 413 Electronic. I messed up where the rotor was pointing so got spark now but no timing. Will fix tomorrow. 
To do list: driver seat, engine service, brakes, windshield frame, tank, headlights, alternator swap to a 413 generator, do the mot, drive around for a few months, sell it. ;) 

Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Jan 2023 23:02 by yakuza.

More
08 Jan 2023 10:38 #246759 by mlines

Went shopping today. 1984 SJ 410 in not too bad state. Some of the floor is fiber glass, it has alot of brown areas but was drivable when it was parked years ago. last mot it never got was 2012.
Allready found it got no spark so changed the disto from the old 410 to a SJ 413 Electronic. I messed up where the rotor was pointing so got spark now but no timing. Will fix tomorrow. 
To do list: driver seat, engine service, brakes, windshield frame, tank, headlights, alternator swap to a 413 generator, do the mot, drive around for a few months, sell it. ;) 

Looks good, keep us updated!

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
08 Jan 2023 17:06 - 09 Jan 2023 06:12 #246765 by yakuza

It is alive :)
Got the left right rear wheel rolling so i could find the ignition mark on the flywheel by rolling the car a bit in third gear. i did have the distributor 180 wrong of course. Drove over to gas station to fill it up a bit. brakes are very bad but it is very short and sunday morning only me out. 

Next was the alternator and charging relay from the 410 out, and a 413 alternator in. jumped and shorted the connections to give the 413 alt ignition power and hook the dash lamp up. 

This is the connector for the charging relay that I removed so i can use the 413 alternator.
White with red is the wire to the dash lamp so one jumper connected to a wire that ends up at the alternator.
Also found ignition power that is jumped and go down to the alternator. Charging 13.8V on the battery.

Tomorrow the brakes. found it has disc brakes in the front, i thought it was drums in '84 and discs came in '85..
I got all the parts needed now that it is discs so will be changing most of the parts next time.

Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Jan 2023 06:12 by yakuza. Reason: added jumper picture and text.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

More
09 Jan 2023 05:58 - 09 Jan 2023 06:03 #246768 by yakuza
Walked by the smelly thing this morning on my way to work. It seems the tank is more leaky than I hoped for so changing it is next on my list now.
Was not planning to do so much to it now, but with the nice temperatures I should just work on this week at least before we get the cold weather back. initial plan was to get it MOT'ed around easter. Now maybe before that.

To do list:
Ignition system swap -done
Alternator swap -done
Fuel tank replace
Front brakes replace and service
Engine service,
Windshield frame replace
Headlights
Driver seat
Mot
Drive it around
Sell it :)

Last edit: 09 Jan 2023 06:03 by yakuza.

More
10 Jan 2023 10:47 - 10 Jan 2023 11:02 #246792 by yakuza

New brake discs sponsored by a swedish web based car parts company "Skruvat".
Ordered jimny discs 3 years ago and they sent me these for the older Jimny Gen 3 without ABS. 
And of course they fit the 1984 gen2 jimny :) 

One caliper got a bit stuck so will look at it today and see if it is hopefully just gunk on the piston. If there is rust it will not be repaired. 
I got plenty lying around here and have been better at bying new for some time now. Jimny gen3 calipers will fit too I suspect but i could not find the ones I swapped out from my Gen3 when putting ventilated discs on it. they must have been OK when I took them off but the discs was warped.
Changed the headlights to the newer H4 halogen lights, there was the old globe shaped bulbs on this one and one reflector was rusty.
Ordered some new parts yesterday as well, new petrol tank from India approx 200€ delivered, and a bunch of more service parts like seal kit for the master cylinder, filters and timing belt from a web based car parts company with a norwegian warehouse. most of those are based in the EU now but i like to support "local" jobs. and much easier to get the correct parts or haggle over quality with a norwegian grown up. Not the swedish 14 year old at Skruvat that never sent the correct brake discs.

Did a little tune of the ingition and carb based on the sound.  Will get an timing light and clean the carb later after the tank gets here.

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Jan 2023 11:02 by yakuza.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds