BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A section for Vitara and SJ owners.
If you have not yet upgraded to a Jimny then you can discuss your current Suzuki 4x4 here!

Help please

• talby2491
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Mar 2017 12:36 #179114 by talby2491
Help please was created by talby2491
My dad has a 2004 suzuki vitara 2.0td over the last few days it's struggled starting now it now won't start at all I checked fuel is getting to injectors all fine problem is there is a substance that looks like milk in lemonade is this faulty fuel I noticed it when I cracked open the fuel pipe to the injector when car starts it idles uneven and throws out black white smoke head gasket is good and no signs of water in oil or oil in water any help greatly appreciated tia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2017 22:31 #179140 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Help please
Any contamination in the fuel will cause problems. First port of call would be changing the fuel filter. If that is gunked up too you will need to drain the fuel tank and start again with fresh fuel.

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Mar 2017 02:50 #179148 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic Help please
If it is water in fuel, a temporary fix until you clean the tank and lines out is to put 500ml (about a pint I think in the olde-fashioned measurements) of Methylated spirits into the tank. This will make the water soluble in petrol and let it go through to the combustion process and out the back as volumous white cloud.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
13 Mar 2017 18:50 #179170 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Help please

ZookFastback wrote: If it is water in fuel, a temporary fix until you clean the tank and lines out is to put 500ml (about a pint I think in the olde-fashioned measurements) of Methylated spirits into the tank. This will make the water soluble in petrol and let it go through to the combustion process and out the back as volumous white cloud.

its a diesel, probs best not to try that ;-)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds