BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

WJamies Ivory Gen 4

More
20 Oct 2019 17:13 #214961 by wjamieson
I thought it was time for me to post a few pics of my Jimny. Took delivery of a new Gen 4 SZ5 on the 1st of March. Very very happy with it. The 1st few pics of the car are at the dealer before I picked it up.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2019 17:18 #214963 by wjamieson
Replied by wjamieson on topic WJamies Ivory Gen 4
Now some more pics after the car was home.
Attachments:

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Oct 2019 17:24 #214964 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic WJamies Ivory Gen 4
Very nice :)

More
20 Oct 2019 17:50 #214965 by wjamieson
Decided that I wanted All terrain tyres do swapped the originals with Toya Open country 215/75/15. Very happy with them. No difference to ride or noise. Have noticed about a small drop in MPG. Was 41 now 40. Liked the look of the BFG's but given how heavy they are went for the Toyas.
Attachments:

More
20 Oct 2019 20:10 #214979 by wjamieson
Now to bring things up to date. I would have loved to have been able to meet everyone at the Big Meet but given I am in the NE of Scotland it would have been a long drive. So instead I spent some quality time with my Jimny.

I extended both the front and rear diff breathers today. Thanks to others who posted how to do it as it did make things easier.

Only things to mention slightly out of the ordinary was that I routed the rear extended breather into the boot rather than the engine compartment. Thought that was easier than running all the way to the engine compartment. Had to take off the left internal trim in the boot to access the existing hole in the boot to run the hose from the diff. All is now hidden behind the trim.

Something that was a lot easier than expected was removing the existing breathers. Just used an open ended 14 mm spanner to lever the breather off the spigot. Thanks to previous posts I knew that you required 13 mm hose to attach to the spigot. The spigot was longer than I expected so no issue sliding the 14 mm hose over the spigot and securing with a Jubilee clip.

One thing that I took some time to determine how best to progress.

1/ 14 mm hose on the spigot and run the 14 mm hose into the engine compartment or boot.
2 14 mm hose only used to connect smaller hose to the spigot.

Given the size of 14 mm and the relative unflexibility of the larger hose I went for option 2 and used a short 50 mm length of 14 mm to connect to the Spigot and to join with the smaller 8 mm hose. This proved more flexible and was able run the hose in easier.

Not going to extend the Transmission Breather. Beyond my limited capabilities.

Now just waiting for Radius Arm guards to become available for Gen 4. Maybe Rock sliders and transmission guard to follow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget

More
23 Oct 2019 22:02 #215094 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic WJamies Ivory Gen 4
I did a wee tour of the NE the other day - only saw one other 2019 Jimny - a very black one with English plates in Lossie - close to the undertakers!

More
24 Oct 2019 09:43 #215107 by stiffsteve204me
Replied by stiffsteve204me on topic WJamies Ivory Gen 4

Bob1050 wrote: I did a wee tour of the NE the other day - only saw one other 2019 Jimny - a very black one with English plates in Lossie - close to the undertakers!

What colour is yours, Bob?

Someone asked if I had been in Rothes the other day, as they had seen a Kinetic Yellow on the go there.

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

More
24 Oct 2019 10:57 #215114 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic WJamies Ivory Gen 4

stiffsteve204me wrote:

Bob1050 wrote: I did a wee tour of the NE the other day - only saw one other 2019 Jimny - a very black one with English plates in Lossie - close to the undertakers!

What colour is yours, Bob?

Someone asked if I had been in Rothes the other day, as they had seen a Kinetic Yellow on the go there.

Steve.

As the driver of a Kinetic Yellow Jimny who did drive through Rothes - Quite possibly it was me - on the other hand it might have been someone else en-route to Findochty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stiffsteve204me

More
25 Oct 2019 21:04 #215150 by wjamieson
Very few to be seen in Aberdeenshire. Since I got mine in March I have seen one White SZ4 and the local dealers demonstrator(Yellow Jimny). Nothing else. Reading about other people who are still waiting for their Jimny I consider myself very fortunate.

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds