BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

My new Jimny Chiffon Ivory

• aage
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Sep 2019 20:37 #213787 by aage
My new Jimny Chiffon Ivory was created by aage
Got my Jimny Chiffon Ivory AT about 1 week ago.

What I have done so far.

front and rear speakers with upgrade from BigJimny shop
Alpine SWE-1200 subwoofer under the driver seat ( fits fine and sounds GREAT )
Suzuki tow bar
Suzuki rear view camera from Big Jimny Shop
BFG 235/75/15 and they have not yet rubbed anywhere, but I have just been driving the Jimny around town till now.

The only thing I still have to install is a 1 inch spacers.

My jimny has a TPMS and what I did and I thought it would work was to put all the TPMS sensors into the spare tire, it worked for a while but then suddenly stopped working and now I have the TPMS alert light on on the instrument display panel. I will look better into it and see what I can do about it, its annoying but not a big deal for now at least.

The sound from the upgraded speaker system along with the subwoofer is just GREAT.

If your gonna do these upgrades its best to install the Tow Bar along with the Rear view Camera and the do the Rear view speaker upgrade all at the same time. Then you only need to remove the plastic panels once. None of this is complicated , all just a simple follow instructions work.

I´m very happy with the car, it drives great and takes up so little space in my garage ;-). Yes a beautiful lovely 4x4. Look forward for the winter, I live in Iceland and it will be fun to try it out in the snow.

Here is a photo of my jimny.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2019 20:50 #213788 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic My new Jimny Chiffon Ivory
Hi looks good, nice colour. The TPMS sensors need the rotation motion of the wheel to activate, so sat in the spare they are all switched off, hence the reason you are getting the warning.

• aage
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Sep 2019 21:35 #213789 by aage
Replied by aage on topic My new Jimny Chiffon Ivory
Ok thats interesting, didnt know about that, but they did work for a while after installation in the spare tire ?. Drove around for at least 5 to10km before the light came on.

I might try some tpms emulators, have seen some on ebay for the Vitara , or just have them reinstalled and live with the light when I lower the tire pressure.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds