BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

My First ZOOK!

• DAGZOOK
  • DAGZOOK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    Registered
  • First Time ZOOK owner!
More
04 Aug 2019 19:46 - 04 Aug 2019 19:59 #211817 by DAGZOOK
My First ZOOK! was created by DAGZOOK
Hello All,

Having spent hours trawling through the wealth of knowledge on this forum, I thought it was about time that I joined myself. If I can help give inspiration to other newbies like myself along the way with up and coming modifications then thats a bonus! Thats what it's all about right?

As the topic states this is my first ZOOK! I've always had a soft-spot for Jimnys, I guess it's the plucky under-dog reputation that has gained my favour. I took ownership of my ZOOK in June, I'd been following the Gen. 4 Jimny launch ever since it was announced. Like many of us I underestimated the popularity of the new Jimny and I was perhaps complicit in the time I took before taking the leap and grabbing myself one.

I left it relatively late, by the time I was in a position to get my hands on one I was virtually being laughed off the phone by local dealers. I could sense the despair/annoyance in their voices as I mentioned the words "I'd like to enquire about Jimny Availability". However being a stubborn Git, I called virtually every single Suzuki Dealer in the South West (Must have been 20+ I was prepared to travel far and wide!) Most of which led to the above response. I was told that I could be waiting 18+ months best case scenario if I wanted one. As I was reaching the end of my tether the final dealership on my list was Swansea J&J Motors. They had literally that same day taken in a Silky silver SZ5 and they had only One person in the waiting list that was holding out for an SZ4 in another colour. It was meant to be, I Chewed the salesman's hand off and collected it that same weekend!

My advise to any potential buyers out there, would be to phone around and be prepared Travel! You will get one.

So here it is, my First Ever Zook. I'm over the moon with it! It's my daily driver at the moment, complimented in the summer by my BMW Z3. I've done 1300k so far, I shoot most weekends so take her through the woods and along the farmers track regularly. But i'd love to get involved with some group off-roading meets/days with some fellow Zook enthusiasts in the south west.

Mod's so far include:
- THULE 9512 (Foot-pack) & THULE evo wing-bar in matte black
- ARB Diff breather kit (Ordered)

I've taken inspiration from Soeley and Gadget with their approaches to installing the ARB Diff Breather Kit, I'll upload my take on the install once the kit arrives.

Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Aug 2019 19:59 by DAGZOOK. Reason: photos
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2019 20:13 #211819 by Reason2doubt
Replied by Reason2doubt on topic My First ZOOK!
Looks lovely! Be keen to know if you find any off-road clubs down in South Wales as I am due to move to Swansea in December for a new job!

Will be following the mods :)

• Digger1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Aug 2019 20:15 #211820 by Digger1
Replied by Digger1 on topic My First ZOOK!
When you come to install the breathers could you measure the outside diameter of the pipe stub for me please. I intend to fit the ARB breathers and would like to print some nylon adapters before taking mine apart.

• DAGZOOK
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    Registered
  • First Time ZOOK owner!
More
04 Aug 2019 20:46 #211822 by DAGZOOK
Replied by DAGZOOK on topic My First ZOOK!
Digger, I believe the front and rear Diff Stubs are 14mm. The breather stub on top of the transfer case is smaller, I'll measure the lot in situ before I order my consumables. The gearbox already has a breather thats tucked up neatly behind the engine close to the bulkhead!

More
04 Aug 2019 20:52 - 04 Aug 2019 21:14 #211824 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic My First ZOOK!
Of course there is our own offroad event

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/book-attendance

We have nine Gen 4 Jimnys coming at the moment with 26 jimnys overall currently booked in.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 04 Aug 2019 21:14 by mlines.

More
04 Aug 2019 20:58 #211825 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic My First ZOOK!
Hello DAGZOOK, welcome. I am also a first time Jimny owner and I am totally smitten by it.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Aug 2019 22:21 #211828 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic My First ZOOK!
Welcome to the forum nice jimny

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
05 Aug 2019 04:06 #211830 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic My First ZOOK!
Welcome to the forum.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
05 Aug 2019 09:12 #211841 by Bill Portland
Replied by Bill Portland on topic My First ZOOK!
that does look nice in silver

• GeordieJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Aug 2019 11:30 #211846 by GeordieJimny
Replied by GeordieJimny on topic My First ZOOK!
Congrats, it's so nice in silky silver. To be fair they're all great, Suzuki nailed the colours.
  • The silver and blue look more expensive.
  • The Ivory and white look retro af.
  • The jungle green and black look bad ass.

Such an awesome design.

Looks like you managed to get some streamline bars on too, are they the Suzuki ones?

More
05 Aug 2019 12:17 #211848 by amtech1
Replied by amtech1 on topic My First ZOOK!
Welcome to the forum, nice to see more and more gen 4’s popping up. I’m in the South Wales area as well looking for areas and green lanes to legally use but still no luck at the moment. Let me know if you find anywhere.

• DAGZOOK
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    Registered
  • First Time ZOOK owner!
More
05 Aug 2019 14:06 - 05 Aug 2019 14:07 #211852 by DAGZOOK
Replied by DAGZOOK on topic My First ZOOK!
Amtech,
Definitely up for a day in a jimny playground. I’m based just across the bridge (on the English side). Interested to see how you get on with those BFG K02’s
Last edit: 05 Aug 2019 14:07 by DAGZOOK.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds