BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:Gadget's 2019 hearing aid SZ5

More
16 Mar 2019 19:54 - 16 Mar 2019 19:56 #204665 by Gadget

mikeyw85 wrote: nice write-up. i'm struggling to get hold of those parts. wish the availability over here was a a bit better.

Thanks, yes it's a pain in the bum that we can't get the full accessory selection as standard. I ordered them in from Japan, but the site I used (Japanparts.com) has removed them for some reason (plus it worked out to be silly money with shipping and customs).

JimJimny wrote: Thanks again for another great step-by-step. So how does it sound now ....and does the head unit allow you to adjust/fade the balance between the front and rear speakers?

Thanks. Sounds loads better than before. I thought the dual speaker setup sounded ok, but with my son in the back I had to turn the volume right up so that he could listen as well. The SZ5 headunit allows you to fade front/rear, I'd imagine the SZ4 does too, but not tried it.
Last edit: 16 Mar 2019 19:56 by Gadget.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2019 20:46 #204670 by Gadget
Probably needs removing on the left-hand side for parking sensors, camera and towbar electrics, as all of mine seem to be there!
The following user(s) said Thank You: facade

More
17 Mar 2019 06:07 #204672 by facade
Are the towbar electrics just plug in, or did they have to modify the harness?

If it is plug-in, I'll fit mine myself, if they have to ness with wires Suzuki will have to do it as I'm not having them refuse to sort out all those electronics that can go wrong because they can blame the failure on my fitting the electrics wrong.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

• pixelpower
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Mar 2019 12:39 #204687 by pixelpower
Replied by pixelpower on topic Gadget's 2019 hearing aid SZ5
Do you know if 215 tyres will fit on the steel wheels of an SZ4? I'd like to change mine but not sure if I need new rims too.

• mikeyw85
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Mar 2019 13:03 #204688 by mikeyw85
Replied by mikeyw85 on topic Gadget's 2019 hearing aid SZ5

pixelpower wrote: Do you know if 215 tyres will fit on the steel wheels of an SZ4? I'd like to change mine but not sure if I need new rims too.

Yeah should do. I'm doing it within next week or so. I think 215 is about the limit for a 5.5" wheel, but it's ok.

www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/infosheets/LV...patibility_Guide.pdf

Scroll down to "Four wheel drive and SUV guide"

More
17 Mar 2019 17:35 #204698 by Gadget

facade wrote: Are the towbar electrics just plug in, or did they have to modify the harness?

I'm not sure, I had the dealer fit mine and it looks like a mass of wiring behind the trim panel.

pixelpower wrote: Do you know if 215 tyres will fit on the steel wheels of an SZ4? I'd like to change mine but not sure if I need new rims too.

Should be fine, steel wheels are the same width as the alloys.
The following user(s) said Thank You: facade

More
17 Mar 2019 17:37 - 17 Mar 2019 17:41 #204699 by Gadget
Took the Jimny to a pay & play site today for a short blast, my first offroad experience. Amazing how capable the Jimny is! Was great to meet @Daniel30 while I was there too :)

Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Mar 2019 17:41 by Gadget.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Mar 2019 18:17 - 17 Mar 2019 18:20 #204704 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Gadget's 2019 hearing aid SZ5
Great to meet you to lovely Jimny and you certainly tested it out, was nice to see one getting dirty in the flesh, well done ;) mine will need a bit of a clean to :laugh:
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Mar 2019 18:20 by Daniel30.

More
17 Mar 2019 18:34 #204705 by Gadget
I had to borrow my dad's pressure washer, although I think he regretted letting me clean it on his drive, left half of the Kent countryside behind :laugh:

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Mar 2019 18:47 #204707 by Daniel30
Yeah I leave mine for a day or two and wait for it to drop off :laugh:

More
20 Mar 2019 14:37 #204845 by Gadget
Added intermittent (front) wiper speed adjustment using a stalk from a 2017 onwards Suzuki Swift.

Full procedure with part details available in the Wiki: www.bigjimny.com/mediawiki/index.php?tit...screen_wiper_control
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill Portland, Soeley, stiffsteve204me

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Mar 2019 15:00 #204847 by Daniel30
It worked then ;) ;) ;)

Well done

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds