BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:Gadget's 2019 hearing aid SZ5

More
01 Oct 2019 07:41 #214095 by facade
Is that plastic box underneath actually a fuel filter? I thought it was the charcoal filter for the EVAP system, which used to be under the bonnet on the drivers side on the GEN3.

If it does contain fuel under pressure I suppose I will get a guard, but it seems a bit of an omission by Suzuki if it is so vulnerable, they included an attempt at a fuel tank guard as standard.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Oct 2019 08:38 #214096 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic Gadget's 2019 hearing aid SZ5
I think you're right about the EVAP cannister. I was puzzled why they'd moved this under the car, think I'll investigate further.
Chris

More
18 Oct 2019 16:51 #214901 by Gadget
I've been putting it off all week due to the weather, but finally found time to install my Jimnybits rear recovery points ahead of the Bigjimny meet this weekend.

What should have been a very simple bolt-on exercise was complicated by needing to remove the OEM tow bracket (aka 'the plow') first and being unable to move the bumper completely out of the way due to the parking sensor wiring.

Much swearing later, all done and garnished with some rated 3.25T shackles. I considered soft shackles, but the relatively sharp edges of the recovery points made me stick with steel.

Attachments:

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Oct 2019 18:25 #214910 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Gadget's 2019 hearing aid SZ5
Very nice :)

More
18 Oct 2019 19:11 #214912 by Soeley
Can you turn one of the shackles around please :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Oct 2019 19:14 #214913 by Daniel30

Soeley wrote: Can you turn one of the shackles around please :)

:woohoo: but then the writing won't match it does my head in too :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

More
18 Oct 2019 19:21 #214915 by Soeley

Daniel30 wrote:

Soeley wrote: Can you turn one of the shackles around please :)

:woohoo: but then the writing won't match it does my head in too :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

We need Left and Right handed shackles :huh: :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Oct 2019 19:32 #214916 by Daniel30
Yes most definitely :laugh: :laugh:

More
19 Oct 2019 07:48 #214925 by Gadget
Hehe, I was torn between having the pin orientation match and having the lettering visible on both. It's ok though, I'm not leaving them in place :)

More
30 Nov 2019 09:32 #216078 by Gadget
Bought a set of Heko (Polish brand) wind deflectors that were recommended on Instagram. Really sturdy and very low profile, slotting into the window channel, rather than sitting on the surface of the door. Only took a couple of minutes to fit.

Tested up to 70mph and they completely eliminate wind buffeting when the window is down.

Attachments:

More
08 Dec 2019 19:53 #216297 by naylar
me too! then went for a drive in the Holme Valley :o)

Attachment not found

Gen4 Commercial

• Grima
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Dec 2019 20:58 #216302 by Grima
Replied by Grima on topic Gadget's 2019 hearing aid SZ5
Thankyou for your input on this site. I have also fitted a switched USB socket where the start/stop would be. Earth to door hinge bolt, the live you fed to the fuse box on piggy back.. Was it not easier to pull off the front rubber grommet & feed the wire straight to the live on the battery? Or would this not be safe to do? My reason being you can't refit the fuse box cover. This is all new to me, any advise would be appreciated. Thanks Steve.

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds