BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Silky Silver SZ5

More
13 Jan 2019 12:14 - 13 Jan 2019 12:17 #200629 by Themooingman
Picked it up last night in the dark. Drove it home and parked it. Been out in it this morning and driven 40 miles. Will put some observations up later today. Hope you like the pictures

2019 Gen 4 Jimny SZ5 in Silky Silver. Parking sensors and Rear Camera, floor mats pack and Rigid tyre Cover
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Jan 2019 12:17 by Themooingman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Jan 2019 12:27 #200630 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Silky Silver SZ5
Very nice ;)

• Cremator1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Jan 2019 13:22 #200636 by Cremator1
Replied by Cremator1 on topic Silky Silver SZ5
yes Very nice wonder why they put the arieal where they did

• Hammo19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Jan 2019 13:41 #200638 by Hammo19
Replied by Hammo19 on topic Silky Silver SZ5
Congrats. You are a rare owner in the UK. Looks great.

More
13 Jan 2019 13:51 #200640 by tim04
Replied by tim04 on topic Silky Silver SZ5
It's so as not obstruct the items placed on a roof rack (if fitted). It was mentioned in one of the reviews.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
13 Jan 2019 16:01 #200654 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Silky Silver SZ5
Very cool.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
13 Jan 2019 16:23 #200660 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic Silky Silver SZ5
Nice! Wish I had one on my driveway B)

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

More
13 Jan 2019 18:16 #200667 by Themooingman
Replied by Themooingman on topic Silky Silver SZ5
Thanks Guys, very kind. Its different to what i traded in (clubman cooper S) and i am also lucky enough to have a Focus RS as a toy/semi weekend car.

Did an enjoyable/exploratory 60 miles today.

Is this a good place observations from the first day or should i post elsewhere ?

2019 Gen 4 Jimny SZ5 in Silky Silver. Parking sensors and Rear Camera, floor mats pack and Rigid tyre Cover

• Cremator1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Jan 2019 18:47 #200669 by Cremator1
Replied by Cremator1 on topic Silky Silver SZ5
Post here should be ok

More
13 Jan 2019 19:42 #200671 by Themooingman
Replied by Themooingman on topic Silky Silver SZ5
Okay ill give you first day observations, on all points i am trying to be objective. I came to the Jimny after reading so much about it and deciding that the regular drive (the mini) was something that did everything okay, but wasn't very exciting and i never really gelled with it. My Focus RS gets used for longer journeys and gives such a buzz that i felt as i never particularly liked the mini i wanted something completely different, a cheaper type car and possibly a small soft roader. The Jimny started making head lines months ago and i have followed it since. Then per other posts in the chat part of the forum i was basically in the right place at the right time with the dealer to get one. however i never drove it as the dealer demo was not being put on the road until January and if i had waited until then i like others would be waiting for the car until August or later. Thats the long and the short of it that got me to this car.

Right - having only driven a list of turbo charges engines the last 10 years plus - the 1.5 seems acceptable but a different drive so thats something i need to get used to. Car really looks the part, inside is not as small as you would think in terms of passenger comfort, however storage space very limited. Feels like it needs an arm rest with a bit of storage. Quality of interior decent enough, although door close with a bit of a tinny feeling but feels solid. No early rattles. Stereo/Sat Nav again better than expected, system a little slow to the touch but works well. Considering it only has 2 speakers sound seems more than acceptable and a lot better than i had hoped. Heated seats and other safety devices, lane departure warning etc, all seem to work and within expected parameters. Gearbox is fine. Turning circle good, much better than my Focus RS ! Steering a little bit weird, but you soon get used to. Having not really had a SUV it leans a bit round corners and yet to work out how fast is safe, going pretty slow round corners today ! LED headlights, are really good, was again maybe expecting 'basic led type' lights but they have exceeded expectations. Fuel tank seems small, range showing circa 240 miles to empty when i filled it up. It certainly looks the part and i expect it to turn heads. The silver is a lot better than i expected (was hoping for blue/black roof). Its a bit noisy, took it on the motorway at 65 mph and as others have said could do with a 6th gear, but again probably a lot better than expected.

Ill try and update this after a couple of weeks or 500 miles in, but this may take me a few weekends.

Anyway from buying a car that i never driven, and reading varying reports of in the press (with a fair bit of negativity around the on road side of the car) i am more than pleased after day 1.

Hopefully this helps paint a good picture and feel very fortunate to have one after finding out so few will hit the UK in the next 6 - 12 months.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yakuza

More
13 Jan 2019 19:53 #200672 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Silky Silver SZ5
Very nice indeed. I test drove a silver one, they look good. Brave move buying one you'd not driven (I couldn't do that). Luckily I had my test drive just before Christmas. I think a lot of the online reviewers didn't really understand what the were driving.

Looking forward to the updates.

More
13 Jan 2019 21:28 #200681 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic Silky Silver SZ5

Soeley wrote: Brave move buying one you'd not driven

Yes I was thinking that; did you ever go and have a test drive in the outgoing model?

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds