BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5

More
11 Jan 2019 17:25 - 11 Jan 2019 17:32 #200476 by Soeley
Thought I might as well start a new thread for myself.

So right to the beginning:

For the last 7 years I have been very happy with my 2011 Toyota iQ3. I'd never even thought of changing my car until I saw one of the early press release pictures of the New Jimny. The look of it had me hooked straight away.

As soon as my local dealer put the Expression of Interest on their website I made myself known, I think that was early August, then at the end of August they contacted me to say they were taking fully refundable deposits, I put down £100. I was told I was one of the first on the list, they then contacted me just before Christmas to book a test drive in their demonstrator.

After the test drive I was even keener to have one, it drove so much better than expected going off the online journalists reviews so I put an order in for a black SZ5.

On Thursday 10/1/19 I received a phone call to say they had just had two delivered and one was a black SZ5 and I was told I could be driving it next week if I wanted it, I did ask if I could go and collect it tomorrow :unsure: but that was too soon. Today I have been down to sort out the paperwork, pick my reg number and get a PX value for my iQ , quite pleased as they offered me £300 more than another dealer did.

I will be collecting the Jimny on Tuesday the 15th at 3pm. I have managed to get the insurance sorted with Direct Line whom I am currently with.

I'll post some pictures here, but it will probably be dark by the time I have finished driving it around on the first day.

I did ask if I could bring the Hand Book home with me today to have a read through, but was told it has to stay with the vehicle :(
Last edit: 11 Jan 2019 17:32 by Soeley.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2019 20:20 #200509 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
How bizarre - you have done the deal, completed the paperwork, bought the vehicle, had a registration number allocated and then the dealership says "You cannot take the Hand Book home with you"!

Seems rather petty and unhelpful. You now lose an opportunity to learn up all about the vehicle before driving off in it.

More
11 Jan 2019 21:35 #200517 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
Exactly, I wanted to read up on the Android car link thing the most, I suppose I could Google it?

More
11 Jan 2019 21:47 #200520 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
Guessing the dealer would need the handbook themselves, and/or register something in it..

this might help?

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

More
11 Jan 2019 22:05 #200523 by Soeley
Thanks for the link, it looks to have lot more features than I expected :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yakuza

More
11 Jan 2019 22:44 #200528 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
I haven't seen the film actually. I just had to stop looking at the beauties because the new Jimny most likely will never come to my country at all due to emissions.
It is like a forbidden fruit i will never get... It's like I fallen in desperate love with a celeb I'll never meet...

Have a nice time with yours! :)

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

• Dorsetdumpling
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2019 22:55 #200532 by Dorsetdumpling
Replied by Dorsetdumpling on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
You could ask them for the VIN, which, in theory, would let you download the handbook from the suzuki website...provided that they have uploaded it. (Bear in mind that they have only recently managed to upload the brochure)

More
11 Jan 2019 23:11 #200534 by Soeley
Guess I'll just wait and bide my time, they didn't even have the accessory list. I suppose that is down to Suzuki GB, not the dealer?

More
13 Jan 2019 20:36 #200676 by Themooingman
Nice story. Good luck with the pick up. Hope it goes well. Just put on my observations about my first full day with the car. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I did.

2019 Gen 4 Jimny SZ5 in Silky Silver. Parking sensors and Rear Camera, floor mats pack and Rigid tyre Cover

More
13 Jan 2019 22:31 #200692 by saxj
Replied by saxj on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
That video is about the most helpful there is. It was done by one of the Trainers at Suzuki South Africa.

Android Auto is reasonably OK, and you can use it on your phone without the car radio, so you can get used to it before you get your new Jimny.

More
13 Jan 2019 22:36 #200694 by saxj
Replied by saxj on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
www.suzuki-slda.com/SitePages/Home_Suzuki.aspx

The video is more useful though

More
14 Jan 2019 05:12 #200706 by Soeley
Thanks for the link Saxj, useful reading prior to collection.

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds