BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Just purchased my first Jimny

More
26 Jan 2019 10:11 #201733 by adrianr
Since I have fixed hubs and have disabled the vac system I blocked the vac pipe coming off the throttle body to the vac manifold for the 4wd system.

Idle is now nice and smooth so I guess there must have been a leak somewhere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2019 14:41 - 26 Jan 2019 15:12 #201746 by adrianr

Crank sensor, radius arm bolt, oil filter and tie rod end arrived - Martin - that is amazing service, thank you.

Extended brake lines from Llama 4 x 4.

Crank sensor fitted.

Tie rod end fitted.

Went to do the brake lines to find the bleed nipples unwilling to turn.

Have to get some more bleed nipples and then I can apply some heat and more force to these stuck ones to persuade them to leave.

Traced the wiring to the interior LED near the back seats a previous owner had fitted. Once I refitted the LED it appears to be working for now.

It started raining too so gave the wee car a wash and called it a day.
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Jan 2019 15:12 by adrianr.

More
26 Jan 2019 16:58 #201756 by Dirtbird
Nothing like progress. Think I'll out on me kettle and have a cup of tea.

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.
The following user(s) said Thank You: adrianr

More
27 Jan 2019 10:42 - 27 Jan 2019 10:42 #201821 by adrianr
Popped off the bumper and driver's side wheel arch liner to deal with the white plastic clips that resonate when I accelerate.

It looks like the tin worm has been busy. I suspect the other side may well be similar. After a few light taps with a hammer...

Gave it some rust treatment to slow it down - will get new metal welded in place in the spring.
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Jan 2019 10:42 by adrianr.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
27 Jan 2019 11:49 #201832 by Lambert
Martin can supply complete replacement panels for that area.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
27 Jan 2019 11:51 #201834 by adrianr

More
29 Jan 2019 12:24 #202017 by adrianr
Wee Jimmy still has, from what I can see, the original battery. Been pretty tired since I bought him and the very cold mornings have finished it off. Ordered a new Yuasa with a few more CCAs.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
29 Jan 2019 12:53 - 29 Jan 2019 12:54 #202020 by Lambert
I have one of those on my tractor. Seems to be a good quality battery even with the occasional use the tractor gets.

Last edit: 29 Jan 2019 12:54 by Lambert.

More
29 Jan 2019 19:48 - 29 Jan 2019 19:48 #202039 by adrianr
Almost all done now...

The bleed nipples were stuck tight - took a lot of heat and some persuasion but they finally gave in. Thanks to my mate Ian who is a mechanic of 28 years. He was originally helping then stepped in, whipped the calipers off and set to in a vice with his torch and grips. Took some work but as with everything it eventually gives in with enough focus and applied effort.

So no we have new bleed nipples and the longer stainless brake lines from Llama 4x4.

Brakes all bled.

Turned attention to the knock from the back radius arm. When we pulled the old bolt that wouldn't torque up properly the holes looked fine. So we popped in the nice shiny new high tensile bolt Martin sent and that torqued up fine. So fingers crossed. Was certainly quiet on the short run home.

The new battery is on its way. Should be here Thursday or Friday. Meantime I have an older battery from my mates Mk4 tdi Golf in the boot with my jump leads so if I cant park on a hill and bump start, I won't have to beg a jump start from a passing motorist. At least that’s the plan!
Last edit: 29 Jan 2019 19:48 by adrianr.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
29 Jan 2019 20:04 #202043 by Lambert
Sounds like a productive day!

More
29 Jan 2019 21:24 #202051 by adrianr
Thank you Lambert. Yes, well pleased with today's progress. It all got done in about 90 minutes this evening.

Just pulled the old battery out and will leave it on charge overnight. Might be able to coax a start or two tomorrow, or perhaps not. Best I got today was central locking, interior LEDs and a single click from the starter.

More
29 Jan 2019 21:29 #202052 by Max Headroom
Good work Adrian.

...And I like the idea of carrying a spare battery just in case. However make sure it can't fall over and leak acid everywhere! :ohmy:

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds