BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Ola`s jimny project

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Dec 2018 08:47 #199697 by Daniel30
The easiest way to add base is this box and just trim the back off a bit, it's has an amplifier in it so just need a wiring kit sounds good to ;) mine fits snug and can easily be taken out.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Dec 2018 10:53 #199707 by Max Headroom

Lambert wrote: aluminiumiumiumiumiumium

LMAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

• OlaGB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Dec 2018 14:59 #199711 by OlaGB

Daniel30 wrote: The easiest way to add base is this box and just trim the back off a bit, it's has an amplifier in it so just need a wiring kit sounds good to ;) mine fits snug and can easily be taken out.

Absolutely an easier solution! So is a underseat woofer..
I want a passive sub, only 1 plug connection. And i want a custom fit box, to get the most out of both space and sub. Together with custom compartment and rear door panel, i think it'll be the best solution for me..

• OlaGB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jan 2019 12:01 - 01 Jan 2019 12:05 #199817 by OlaGB
Happy new year guys!

Subw. box and rear boot mods are done, only waiting for the sub to arrive in the mail within the next days.

Made a compartment in the boot floor, 10cm high, to make room for the most needed stuff. Thanks to MadsV for this idea!
Havent made hinges on the new floor plates yet, but i think i will do it.
Made the new floor plates go almost all against the rear door, and made a new rear door panel to free up more space.

Still available room for tools. You can also see sound deadning mats, that i have covered all floor and side panels. Also all 3 doors.

Subwoofer box is a sealed 36 liter (speaker spec for sound quality), and is pretty much a tight squeese between seat and door, not moving anywhere! 1 plug connection for easy removal.
Box is glued and screwed together, and even painted inside to seal it 100%..

Can watch the woofer flex all day from here B)
Last edit: 01 Jan 2019 12:05 by OlaGB.

• MadsV
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jan 2019 12:45 #199820 by MadsV
wow thats a lot of bass for the jimny :lol:
I made a box for some old classic jbl t595 6x9 some years ago, that was also a perfect fit, 110litres.
Attachments:

• OlaGB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jan 2019 14:11 #199824 by OlaGB

MadsV wrote: wow thats a lot of bass for the jimny :lol:
I made a box for some old classic jbl t595 6x9 some years ago, that was also a perfect fit, 110litres.

Thats one big box you had there :cheer:

Yeah, alot of bass if you want to turn it up max, but it`s really just a 10`` in a sealed box (not the most efficent to play real loud with).. My headunit has separate sub output, active crossovers, equalizer and time comp, so i should be able to tune it to play really good.
Box size could have been made 8-9 liters smaller, to the cost of low freq efficency, dont want that..

Most of all happy with still having good space next to the box, and ofcourse the compartment underneeth! No more need for a big tool box in the boot, so i actually have more storage space now than i use to have even with the sub installed..

• OlaGB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jan 2019 18:58 #199909 by OlaGB
The postman brought the subwoofer today, so i got it installed and tuned everything close to where i want it.

Lets just say, this 10" does the job in a small jimny B) And the B2 audio amp really delivers.
The entire sound system works very well together, and plays very nice in low volume as well as _very_ loud without distortions when i hit it..
Next will be to calm down the worst vibration noise on the outside (rear reg plate etc).. :lol:

Attachments:

More
06 Jan 2019 22:59 - 06 Jan 2019 22:59 #200102 by yakuza
Probably the most bass pr space you can get. Not too much loss of space.

And looks good!

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 06 Jan 2019 22:59 by yakuza.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OlaGB

• OlaGB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Jan 2019 17:37 - 08 Jan 2019 17:47 #200185 by OlaGB
Finished with my light installation now, and very happy with it!

Got my 3rd front spot today, as the first shipment had 1 defect of the 3. Bright as day!
Also installed 2x 25w lamps over my rear door, that uses the old rear fog lamp switch (dont need the fog lamp) for manual on/off.
And 2 LED bulbs in stock reverse lamps..

Some pictures..

Switches.. Spot lights, front fog, rear top lights, and compressor/lockers.

Rear top lamps:

Reverse LED lamps:

All rear lights on:

Front spots:

Last edit: 08 Jan 2019 17:47 by OlaGB.

• OlaGB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Feb 2019 13:02 #202615 by OlaGB
Played around in the snow today.. Not very much snow, but snow was like sugar so no grip at all!
Lockers is da bomb.. Axles tend to shake alot in deep snow and reduces traction/speed, probably due to grip shifts between wheels, but lockers calms it all down.
And having a winch, is the best when driving around alone like this :)

Attachments:

More
06 Feb 2019 07:52 #202663 by adrianr

• OlaGB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Feb 2019 12:48 #202811 by OlaGB
Finally (barely) warm enough outside to use the high pressure washer at the gas station, to atleast get the worst dirt and salt of the car..
Looking forward to get the mud terrains back on, even if the winter tires also are 235/75-15, it simply does not look as good :)

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds