BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:My 01 Jimny, another Norwegian

More
18 Feb 2019 14:59 #203401 by kirkynut

OlaGB wrote: Got a rusty caliper piston that needs attention soon, but not sure its worth all the fuzz with the vitara brakes.. Doesnt sound like an «upgrade» thats really noticable to be honest.. Vented discs are great, for cars that uses alot of brakes.. I barely use them on the jimny, even in steep`ish downhills.
No point throwing money at it, if it doesnt upgrade much.. But i`ll read up on it and make up my mind :)

It's not just about performance increase. These don't have sliders that seize. They slide on a bolt that can simply be undone and greased rather than have 2 rubber boots that seal a metal tube that water gets stuck inside and seizes.

I'm interested in this.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OlaGB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Feb 2019 17:28 #203408 by OlaGB
Replied by OlaGB on topic My 01 Jimny, another Norwegian

kirkynut wrote:

OlaGB wrote: Got a rusty caliper piston that needs attention soon, but not sure its worth all the fuzz with the vitara brakes.. Doesnt sound like an «upgrade» thats really noticable to be honest.. Vented discs are great, for cars that uses alot of brakes.. I barely use them on the jimny, even in steep`ish downhills.
No point throwing money at it, if it doesnt upgrade much.. But i`ll read up on it and make up my mind :)

It's not just about performance increase. These don't have sliders that seize. They slide on a bolt that can simply be undone and greased rather than have 2 rubber boots that seal a metal tube that water gets stuck inside and seizes.

I'm interested in this.

Kirkynut

Very good point indeed! Didnt think about that..

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Apr 2019 21:31 #205387 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic My 01 Jimny, another Norwegian
Very little has been done to the Jimny lately, i have to do some things in april tho since the MOT is in may. Found some new broken things today also, transferbox bracket and some rust.

Pretty fed up with Redacted now, its been a year since i sent him money, 722£, and now he doesnt answer me anymore and have refused to refund me since october. A common thief I guess, dont use him is my advise.
Attachments:

More
02 Apr 2019 05:23 #205390 by yakuza
Sad to hear this Mads.
And the pictures of the rust too, except i know that when you find the inspiration you will repair this just as nice as you did the other rust on it. :)

As for your transfer case, my offer still stands. I will help you build a rocklobster when you get the parts. I even have a box on the shelf you can borrow until you get your own.

I think Bernt S knew of someone who had a Jimny transfer cradle once, and one guy up north somewhere had a box on the internet not long ago. It is possible to source something in Norway from time to time.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Apr 2019 16:17 #205412 by MadsV
Got a mail from Redacted today saying the box will be shipped this week.

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Apr 2019 20:23 - 08 Apr 2019 20:27 #205724 by MadsV
Took some time today and started on the jimny, MOT closing in fast.
Washed it underneat, new front tie end rods, washed the wheels in our wheel washer.
Front fender almost gone behind the flares!

Got alot of rust rep ahead, no problem, just need time!
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Apr 2019 20:27 by MadsV.

More
09 Apr 2019 06:53 #205744 by kirkynut
No sign of the Rocklobster from Redacted yet then?

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Apr 2019 21:47 #205922 by MadsV
No nothing yet.
The rust is now patched, didnt take a lot of photos but some.

The connector at the rear bumper lights was so corroded i just cut it off.
A wheel alignement is up this weekend and then its ready for MOT. Havent fixed everything i know needs fixing but i would rather have a list to go after

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Apr 2019 20:27 #206161 by MadsV
Wheel alignment done today. So except for some faults that i know of its ready for MOT. I leave some faults just to test how thorough the competing garage does the test :laugh:

I think the chassis has about 4-6 years left, its getting really rotten..
Attachments:

More
17 Apr 2019 22:33 #206309 by kirkynut
Still no Rocklobster?

Kirkynut

• StergiosJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Apr 2019 11:09 #206328 by StergiosJimny
Replied by StergiosJimny on topic My 01 Jimny, another Norwegian
These tyres look bigger than 215s!!

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Apr 2019 19:45 #206340 by MadsV
Nope no rocklobster!
Haha you think? When these are worn out i would go 235’s!

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds