BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:My 01 Jimny, another Norwegian

More
26 Jul 2018 16:38 #194667 by sniper
I fitted superpro ARB bushes and they really tighten the front, had to harden dampers to compensate. Fitting the adjustable drop links was my next option, thanks for the preview.....

I'm looking to soften the ARB back to where it was pre-proflex bushes so I think I still have to fit them.

sniper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Jul 2018 17:34 #194669 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic My 01 Jimny, another Norwegian
Could just be me but it feels tighter. Steering wheel is dead still too, had a slight wobble before

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
26 Jul 2018 17:54 #194670 by Lambert
Ok thanks.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jul 2018 18:01 - 30 Jul 2018 18:03 #194722 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic My 01 Jimny, another Norwegian
Since the meet in Norway is coming up, I had to do some small things to the Jimny. Was going to wait until the Redacted transferbox arrived but it doesnt look like its gonna be here in time. So i started installing the lock right today, had to atleast have a lock right for a meet!
I have never touched a differential in my life so i’ve read all tips and tricks i could find. Once it was back together it didnt strike me as difficult at all.

Driveshafts out, wheel bearings felt ok.

Diff is out, the lowrange4x4 instructions with me here, good tech right there!

The diff before

During

Read a tip from funkyjimny, i left the thick washers out from the side gears, also swapped the gears around.

Back together

Also mesured the backlash before and after, it was at 6 so i left it as is!

This is where i left the car, had to go home for the day. Putting it back together tomorrow!
Last edit: 30 Jul 2018 18:03 by MadsV.

More
30 Jul 2018 18:44 #194723 by yakuza
Great!
I did my first two diffs on SJ without the clock actually, just did them on pure feel. I had lockers front and rear on my SJ but the everyday drive made me remove them eventually. But then i had the ARB's ready, but they never made it into the diffs sadly. Yet..
Locker(s) will greatly improve your offroad capability!
I will start on my car tomorrow.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Aug 2018 16:44 #194790 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic Re:My 01 Jimny, another Norwegian
I’m not sure my locker works as it should, cant turn one wheel while the other is on the ground. Gonna drive with it for a while and see.

Fitted the superpro bushings today, and got tired of the original steering wheel so put in another cheap ”omp” wheel. Put in a resistor for the airbag connector

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Aug 2018 06:00 #194885 by MadsV
After realising what the locker has done to my Jimny I had to remove the tow bar. The car wont stop climbing :lol: and the tow bar was in the way.

Bolts were pretty rusty, heated them with the induction heater but one snapped off anyway. Doesnt matter i think it looks better without the bar

More
07 Aug 2018 06:30 #194886 by yakuza
Locker releasing now?
It will be very noticeable even when it works properly when driving slow and turning.

Tow bars are in the way for sure, but sometimes also they can save your rear bumper.
There are different designs and some tuck better in there.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Aug 2018 06:40 #194887 by MadsV
I cant say I notice it unlocking when i pull up in parking places etc. But I dont know how its supposed to be either! Is there another oil recommended for the locker? Going to change the oil again before the meet

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Aug 2018 21:01 #195586 by MadsV

Had a leaking pipe suddenly, had to make a new. Boughy this neat little tool on ebay, one way valve so I can bleed the brakes my self.

Organized a little in the rear also, fitting some camping gear for the meet.

Tested the tarp the other day also, never camped this way before so got to practice :lol: not me in the photo

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
31 Aug 2018 05:08 #195593 by Lambert
These yellow meshed headrests are soooo common! I think I shall have to dye mine.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• TaterTot
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Aug 2018 10:56 #195603 by TaterTot
Replied by TaterTot on topic Re:My 01 Jimny, another Norwegian
Regarding your tarpy tarp home. A little thing I picked up along my way, is getting a few of those telescopic paint brush handles (www.biltema.no/bygg/maling/maleverktoy/r...skopskaft-2000017212), and tent anchors, to be able to build your tent even if you can't find places to tie it up. The handles are pretty good to make tent poles.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds