BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:My 01 Jimny, another Norwegian

More
13 Aug 2017 19:44 #183377 by Keithy
Now to see if it fits like a glove or a sock on a hens head...looking forward to it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Aug 2017 19:49 #183378 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic Re:My 01 Jimny, another Norwegian
Yep, got to take me some time this week to clean the jimny underneath and start chopping out the old panel. Also going to place the order on all brake parts at work so I can start doing the king pin job

More
14 Aug 2017 23:04 #183407 by yakuza
Hi Mads. Think we had forum contact earlier. We're almost neighbours, only 1.5 hours depending on the ferries. Still got 1600 adapter for your car. Other suzuki got plates now?

Sent fra min E5823 via Tapatalk

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Aug 2017 21:38 #183427 by MadsV
I'm thinking of doing a G16B conversion again next year like the old jimny, are there engine mounts also?

Tried to sell the Carry on pirates forum, hardly any response so gonna strip it for useable parts and scrap it. Bought another identical Carry from Japan this spring for parts, but it was in so good condition I decided to register it! brand new plate number but got the old style

More
16 Aug 2017 09:01 #183432 by yakuza

MadsV wrote: I'm thinking of doing a G16B conversion again next year like the old jimny, are there engine mounts also?

Tried to sell the Carry on pirates forum, hardly any response so gonna strip it for usable parts and scrap it. Bought another identical Carry from Japan this spring for parts, but it was in so good condition I decided to register it! brand new plate number but got the old style

No engine mounts included, but original ones can be modified i think. For the SJ you need only a spacer on one side and a hole drilled to the other one as far as i know, but i haven't done the jimny G13/G16 change myself. 600,- for the adapter plate including two bolts. still need some adaptaions.
I bought my SJ motor mounts from som us webshop. No idea if they will fit the jimny.

Pirate4x4 forum has been killed by facebook as you say. Facebook is so lousy in the search department that i see no point in contributing there..
If i hade time and space i should have bought it. Suzuki4x4 club page on facebook is good for selling stuff probably but like you i am not active on facebook. Your import looks good! I might take contact with you if i cross the fjord one day.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Aug 2017 13:11 #183439 by MadsV

yakuza wrote:

MadsV wrote: I'm thinking of doing a G16B conversion again next year like the old jimny, are there engine mounts also?

Tried to sell the Carry on pirates forum, hardly any response so gonna strip it for usable parts and scrap it. Bought another identical Carry from Japan this spring for parts, but it was in so good condition I decided to register it! brand new plate number but got the old style

No engine mounts included, but original ones can be modified i think. For the SJ you need only a spacer on one side and a hole drilled to the other one as far as i know, but i haven't done the jimny G13/G16 change myself. 600,- for the adapter plate including two bolts. still need some adaptaions.
I bought my SJ motor mounts from som us webshop. No idea if they will fit the jimny.

Pirate4x4 forum has been killed by facebook as you say. Facebook is so lousy in the search department that i see no point in contributing there..
If i hade time and space i should have bought it. Suzuki4x4 club page on facebook is good for selling stuff probably but like you i am not active on facebook. Your import looks good! I might take contact with you if i cross the fjord one day.

I found a website in australia that sells conversion kits with engine mounts also, but thats for next year for now. To many expences on cars right now!
Yes the only thing I miss on facebook is the Suzuki pages, but I believe forums will come back eventually :)
My girlfriend studies in Volda so well probably meet some day!

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Aug 2017 23:28 #183476 by MadsV
Started working on the car today. New kingpins and bearings(the bearings looked like they been laying in the ocean for years). New brakes at front. When I have the time I will sandblast the calipers and refurbish them completely, only changes the gliders this time(had to use the induction heater on one of them!!)

Next up is the rear, waiting for the handbrake cables. bolt for abs sensor snapped right off, had to drill it out and thread it again. Manual hubs need some paint soon!
Always nice to have the how-to's to look at, have'nt done this job since the last jimny in 2012 or something.

More
18 Aug 2017 08:42 #183482 by yakuza
Great with new parts!

also calipers can be sourced online or cheapo-sites like mister-auto or bildeler.no. these are the same calipers as on the SJ and I think i have refurbished my last calipers when i see how cheap the can be bought.
Maybe i don't do it right but refurbished calipers do not last long until you have to do them again.
Sliding bolts can also be bought new at low prices.
caliper bolts and bracket was rusted stuck on my car and had to cut it off.
I used an old SJ413 bracket from 1985, was just the same and had much less rust for some reason.

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Aug 2017 10:50 #183484 by MadsV
Yes maybe just as easy to get new ones, maybe convert to discs at the rear also! Is there any website or something that shows what SJ parts that will work on the Jimny aswell?

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Aug 2017 16:33 #183503 by MadsV
Did the rear brakes today, with cables. Tomorrow i'll bleed the system and change oils on the differensials.

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Aug 2017 13:29 #183508 by MadsV
A good cleaning after, didn't look like it was washed since i sold it in 2015.

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Aug 2017 21:43 #183564 by MadsV
Removed the front bumper so I could remove the headlights today, going to paint the bumper also.
Found some rust under there, as expected. also sanded and polished up the headligths, mot failure that should do it!

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds