BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Norwegian Jimny

• Iaitoo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 May 2017 14:57 - 24 Sep 2017 23:28 #181549 by Iaitoo
Norwegian Jimny was created by Iaitoo
Hello :)

This is my little Jimny. Had it for 3 days. Found lots of stuff I have to fix :D Well, there were some rust I didn't notice when I bought it. By the rear seat belts. Just bought a welder, so have to learn how to use it :)

On the way home, passing the arctic circle. Flew down to mid-Norway. Took about 10 hours to drive home.

Not done much yet. Started making stuff black!

Plans are:
2" lift. Trying to keep it road legal, and that is the only kit I have found with Tüv approval.
Mud terrain tyres.
Winch
Remove rear seats and build a dog cage.
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Sep 2017 23:28 by Iaitoo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Iaitoo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jun 2017 16:57 #181673 by Iaitoo
Replied by Iaitoo on topic Norwegian Jimny
Working on a tray for my second battery. First battery I bought was to tall. Just bought the same as the old one, but because of the abs module, it does not fit. Found a winder but less tall battery that works!

I'm not a welder, so no solid tray. But a few bits and pieces here and there what will keep the battery in place when I strap it down.

Attachments:

• Grogey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jun 2017 21:36 #181685 by Grogey
Replied by Grogey on topic Norwegian Jimny
Welcome.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jun 2017 21:58 #181686 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Norwegian Jimny
Nice work B) B)

• Iaitoo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jun 2017 19:47 - 24 Sep 2017 23:29 #181732 by Iaitoo
Enjoying the wild. My dog is going crazy cause of all the raindeer passing our camp, and he can' t run after them. The Jimny is fantastic as an overlander. Can fit everything me and my gf + dog needs. Next project will be a shelf and crate in the rear.

Only had it for 2 weeks, but it is already my favourite car!

Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Sep 2017 23:29 by Iaitoo.

• Iaitoo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Jun 2017 16:31 #181767 by Iaitoo
Here is a photo of the battery installed, with the rubber mat on top. As off roading is illegal in Norway, unless it is hosted as a motor sport event, we have to follow all the motor sport regulations.

And here is a picture of the dog crate. It will be carpeted, and the door will be modified a bit. Also going to make a shelf over the plastic box, so I can add another. One for camping gear, and one for recovery gear. All will be easily removable. Not bringing the dog crate and camping gear when I go off roading every 2 months :P

And here is a couple of more pics from this weekends trip. Going on a little overlanding trip later this summer, so we're going out camping for one day and then we make lists on what we forgot and what would be nice to have. And when we get home, we put it in the camping box for the rear :)
Attachments:

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Jun 2017 16:47 #181768 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Norwegian Jimny
Great mods and fantastic scenery, post pics of your overland adventures very jealous :silly: :woohoo:

• Iaitoo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Aug 2017 13:25 #183178 by Iaitoo
Recently redid the rear. Not done yet, but made room for some boxes and the dog. Need a door for the dog box, and a hatch for the jack. Also completed my dual battery system :)

Also went for a 1 week camping trip with my GF to Lofoten :) She called it luxury camping. Could fit lots of stuff in the car! Took the ferry to Moskenes and drove from Å, up to Svolvær and around back to Bodø :)

Even visited a viking museum. They had lots of items from old England and Scotland, from the times when Norwegians took the trip over the sea to rape and steal...

• MadsV
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Aug 2017 13:23 #183204 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic Norwegian Jimny
Nice! We are actually thinking of camping with the Jimny in the north next year, been looking at tents you can fit at the rear.

• Iaitoo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Sep 2017 18:28 #183951 by Iaitoo
Had some time off, so started fixing the fog lights in front. A previous owner has wired the relay up all wrong, and some of the wiring isn't working. But when I started with that and removed the front bumper, I decided to install my jimnybit recovery points in stead. And I found that the car has been in a crash at some point... Had to bend the metal out on the left side of the car. Seems like everything is ok from the rad and rear, but on the frame in front of the rad, it's pretty smashed :P Also used some rust converter and painted over it. Not pretty, but hopefully it will last a bit.

• Iaitoo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Sep 2017 23:26 #184442 by Iaitoo
Finally got around to do some maintenance on the car. New front wheel bearings, king pin bearings, rotors, pads, drop links, rear engine mount, engine oil, diff oils and new brake dust shields. Also have oil for the gearbox and transfer, but saving those for later.

My Jimny is much nicer to drive now! Hoping that the whobble when breaking between 60 and 80km/h will be gone. Old rotors were pretty bad. Also one of the caliper glide pins were frozen solid.

Been a productive weekend getting the car ready for an off road event next weekend. Just have to get the bf goodrich tires that came in the mail put on my freshly painted rims :)

Both sides looked like this...

The dust shields were pretty roten. They crumbled into dust when they came off.. Next MOT is in january, and they aren't mandatory to have, but if you do have them, they must be in good condition.

The guide was correct. It smells!

A nice rear engine mount :P

I hate when new breaks squeel, so I am pretty generous with copper grease.

SJ rims :)

• MadsV
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Sep 2017 05:28 #184446 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic Re:Norwegian Jimny
Nice work! What offset are the SJ wheels compared to the original?

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds