BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:The Jimny of the Yakuza

More
21 Apr 2017 09:31 #180447 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Re:The Jimny of the Yakuza

Keithy wrote:

Riccy wrote: Great news!, and welcome to the (exclusive) M16 club :-)

I had similar gearbox flange pin problems. How did you get on with the coolant output from the water pump? i couldnt swap the jimny's output plastic thing as studs didnt line up, so ended up with a flexi hose to connect A to B.

Riccy

I used the complete thermostat housing from the Jimny.....complete with plastic inlet......I did wonder which part you couldnt fit.....ergo the long hose?

Same with my coolant connections, took all these parts from the jimny, even the pump. Not necsessary to move the pump over, but i did so instead of moving pin bolts over from the pump drive flange..
I had no problems what so ever moving anything/everything over from '05 Jimny to '08 Liana engine.
I think the only thing i left on the Liana was injectors and generator bracket.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2017 09:55 - 21 Apr 2017 13:05 #180448 by yakuza
The only small bump in my road now after the engine swap is some slight vibrations when accelerating and decelerating. When drivetrain load is neutral there is no vibrations. Feels like coming from under the rear of the car as i can feel the most of it through the seat and the lower regions of my person :) .
www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum?view=to...=7&id=50109&start=36
i read a bit on this thread, and i did change my clutch when doing the engine swap. Cheap Lukas clutch..

Vibrations is not limitied to a specific rpm and is in all gears. It does not vary so much either through the gears or rpm so guessing it could be something aft of the gearbox..
May have bent the exhaust or rear gearbox mount when doing the engine swap, but cannot see anything wrong under there..

Any thoughts or tips?

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 21 Apr 2017 13:05 by yakuza.

More
21 Apr 2017 19:36 #180458 by Keithy
Replied by Keithy on topic The Jimny of the Yakuza
Transfer box mounts?

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
21 Apr 2017 20:35 #180462 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic The Jimny of the Yakuza
My first thought was gearbox rear mount, but yeah could also be t-box mounts. both are weak points which transmit vibration when they go

The coolant issue i need to look into a bit further, i was pressed for time swapping it and effectively ended up with a bit of a bodge job from it. I was unable to swap over the rear part of the water pump housing which sends the coolant down/up from the bottom of the rad through the engine mount bracket, hence the work around, which i intend to improve upon when time allows.

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
25 May 2017 12:34 - 26 May 2017 06:45 #181522 by yakuza
Hard to find rear speaker connection. Did not find at first attempt.

And then i forgot that using portrait on the pictures is stupid in general and not working on here...

Anyways I found the rear speaker connection this time in the fender above rear left wheel, behind rear left interior card.
Not sure if the wire loom is different on left / right hand drive, but my car hes the steering wheel on the left side.

Bought cheap 10cm (4inch) JVC speakers off ebay wich had suprisingly OK sound quality compared to their price.
I think I would buy 12cm next time and squeeze them in.

Also hooked up the reverse camera and cleaned the seat belts at the same time i was in there.
Cleaning seat belts and tightening the spring hoping it will make them return better.

Last edit: 26 May 2017 06:45 by yakuza.

More
09 Jun 2017 15:38 #181887 by yakuza
Hauling is a breeze with m16 ☺️

Sent fra min E5823 via Tapatalk

More
09 Jun 2017 15:46 #181888 by yakuza
Looking for Base jumpers at Loen Sky Lift.

• MadsV
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Aug 2017 08:57 #183173 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic Re:The Jimny of the Yakuza
Nice car, spotted you sometimes. Good to have a forum where people are active even though we write english :)

More
14 Feb 2018 12:16 - 14 Feb 2018 12:19 #189336 by yakuza
and in other news:

My garage is cold. I do not get much done as i prioritize indoor work nowadays.

But i have bought a Liana ECU to go with my Liana engine, and tried to get the Jimny immobilizer keys programmed on it.
Checked on google after that failed and found that '07 Liana use another type of key chip than '05 Jimny. 4D65 on jimny, and 4D66 on Liana.
Liana ECU and Jimny ECU looks excactly the same except for a small number in the corner of the print board.
I am hoping that the Liana ECU can make the ignition pinging go away and give me a bit more power above 3000rpm.
I have ordered a Immo key chip programmer, chips and a ECU key programmer. Will be some time before it arrives and even more until i get to actually try to program this. And then still the Liana ECU might not work with the Jimny wiring. this is research..

My car dies when i try to run it without the bluetooth fault code reader connected.
That, and the brake warning light in the dashboard that stays on, tells me i have too dive into the dashboard wiring when warmer weather comes.

Last edit: 14 Feb 2018 12:19 by yakuza.

More
14 Feb 2018 12:24 #189337 by yakuza

yakuza wrote: The only small bump in my road now after the engine swap is some slight vibrations when accelerating and decelerating. When drivetrain load is neutral there is no vibrations. Feels like coming from under the rear of the car as i can feel the most of it through the seat and the lower regions of my person :) .
www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum?view=to...=7&id=50109&start=36
i read a bit on this thread, and i did change my clutch when doing the engine swap. Cheap Lukas clutch..

Vibrations is not limitied to a specific rpm and is in all gears. It does not vary so much either through the gears or rpm so guessing it could be something aft of the gearbox..
May have bent the exhaust or rear gearbox mount when doing the engine swap, but cannot see anything wrong under there..

Any thoughts or tips?

After a while these vibrations centered around 2000rpm. 1800-2200. And they have got a bit weaker with time. Or i got more used to it.
Pretty sure it is the clutch though as everything else is ok.

More
24 Mar 2018 10:22 #190809 by yakuza
Dirty.. Finally thaw so hope to clean it soon.

More
25 Mar 2018 12:46 #190848 by yakuza
So this is one of my pistons. Does not look too bad I think. M16a with lack of power above 3500rpm and ignition pinging at load.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds