BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Positive battery terminal cover

• Jimx5
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Oct 2019 06:22 #214540 by Jimx5
Replied by Jimx5 on topic Positive battery terminal cover
Just popped the bonnet and mine is just a single pole pos terminal, so i doubt it would help you.
But as i work on trucks all day everyday i'll see what i can find, i'm sure i can get hold of one before the 26th.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2019 08:04 #214541 by facade

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
Attachments:

More
10 Oct 2019 11:29 #214557 by Max Headroom
Sorry for my slow response - been really busy - looks like you are sorted now, but yes mine looked like that - unsure about the dimensions though

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

More
10 Oct 2019 19:24 #214579 by HUN
Replied by HUN on topic Positive battery terminal cover
Thank all of you guys! I'm just wondering how a battery without protective cap can pass mot as it can cause short circuit? :S I think my alternative solution will be a suitable size rubber sheet, glued on the inner side of the bonnet! :woohoo:

TrailMaster 2" lift kit
Full floating rear axle conversion, JB underbody guards & recovery points
ORE transfer box HD brackets
T-Max split charge system
X-Shock Dakar ceramic clutch kit & roof rack
Flo-Flex castor polybushes
Kumho KL71 tyres
AVM manual hubs
ORA radius arm guards
Push-fit breathers

More
10 Oct 2019 22:10 #214586 by facade

HUN wrote: I'm just wondering how a battery without protective cap can pass mot as it can cause short circuit?

Only if it falls over because it is insecure, or hits the bonnet on a rollover, because it is insecure.

If the battery is secure the cover doesn't matter. If it is insecure, it fails anyway.

It won't hurt to insulate it, but it isn't strictly necessary. I've had plenty of cars without any cover over the positive terminal, although the Jimny and the current Renault Nissan both have them.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
13 Oct 2019 07:43 #214687 by kirkynut
This is really not an issue. Cars have been made for years without these. What us it we are expecting that us metallic that us going to jump across the terminals?

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds