BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Body Mounts and differential bolt/nut size?

More
20 Aug 2019 08:28 #212367 by Reason2doubt
Hi all,

Just in the process of replacing a few bits on the car as they look pretty corroded.

Body Mounts:

I'm looking to replace the nut on the end of the body mounts located under the driver and passanger side of the car (not the front or rear ones as they look okay) - I was wondering if anyone knows what size nut and thread I could replace it with? Honestly everything looks okay except for the end nut (or what I assume is left of a nut?)

Differential:

I recently installed a rear differential cover, it came with two replacement bolts for the bottom two holes on the diff itself. I contacted Jimny Bits about this to find out the size but they didn't get back to me and don't really know. I was wondering if anyone knows what size these are?

I have checked through my cars manual (issuu.com/valdirsoares/docs/jimny_part_1.2_servicemanual_99500-) - it's a 1999 version.

Also tried Suzuki directly, but they just wanted to sell me a new axle and body mounts...which wasn't too helpful.

Stuart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
26 Aug 2019 07:18 #212679 by Lambert
I would suggest that if it's not broken don't fix it would be a good place to start with the body mount..

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
26 Aug 2019 13:22 #212691 by X8GGY
Body mounting nuts are 10m and 12mm METRIC FINE 1.25mm pitch thread... I have both if you struggle to find them.

The diff bolts are standard M8 bolts, I have these as well...

Dave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reason2doubt

More
26 Aug 2019 16:46 #212700 by Reason2doubt
Yes not technically broken, but basically broken if I can't take it off without a hacksaw and heat.

I will be removing these in the future so need a suitable replacement nut.

More
26 Aug 2019 16:47 #212701 by Reason2doubt
Thanks Dave! Just the information I was looking for! I'll have a look around and if I get stuck I'll drop you a PM.

Cheers

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds