BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Airbag Woes - my airbag light has done a runner....

• gc1066
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jul 2019 20:43 #211431 by gc1066
Picked up a battered Jimny (2000, G13B I believe) a few weeks ago and have been battling through more problems than I can list, but am getting there and have learned a huge amount.

However, the airbag is stumping me though. I have no light - at all.

Had an aftermarket steering wheel, so sourced an original wheel and airbag unit and plugged it in - still no airbag light.

Finally realised I was missing the SRS ECU from under the gear stick console (was wandering what that big yellow connector dangling by my foot waas!), sourced one and plugged it in - but still no airbag light.

Clearly I have missed something, and I'm embarrassed to say I have failed to locate the airbag fuse - a gentle pointer would be nice.:S

It is my understanding though that any failure in the SRS system would illuminate the airbag light, so is my most likely scenario now the bulb being busted? And if so, how do I get the clocks out to have a look see?

Any help would be great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jimx5
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jul 2019 21:02 - 23 Jul 2019 21:09 #211434 by Jimx5

He's a bit ham fisted but if you use the correct plastic panel pry levers the job is easy enough, then it's just a case of removing four screws to get the pod out.
I used this to remove and polish my dash 'glass' which is plastic.
Last edit: 23 Jul 2019 21:09 by Jimx5.

• gc1066
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Jul 2019 11:25 #211488 by gc1066
Thanks for the info on dash removal, the video made it a cinch to remove.

My state of play:
Airbag fuse, is ok.
SRS ECU is plugged in, earthed and looks ok
Airbag bulb removed and tested, looks ok

But I still have no airbag light at all (and no seat belt warning light either but not sure if it is connected), does anyone have any straightforward suggestions to how to fault find this?

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds