BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

flat spot on throttle tickover jimny 3 2017

• barnsley john
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jul 2019 16:19 #211041 by barnsley john
flat spot on throttle tickover jimny 3 2017 was created by barnsley john
i have recently notice that on tick over if i slightly touch the throttle it nearly cuts out and does odd occasion
but you only touch when you touch it gently for this to happen
car runs perfect apart from this its only done 6000 miles so all the rubber pipes are like brand new
just had a quick look under bonnet touching injectors throttle cable and cannot see anything
but there is a rally low squealish / grateing hard to say funny sound when blipping throttle
turned engine off to see if it was the throttle cable near the spring that made the noise when engine off but was smooth has silk
any ware to start to eliminate the problem
my thoughts are could a injector be not right or a plug
please can you help thanks john

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2019 16:31 #211042 by Scimike
If you know when it was serviced and know for a fact those items got changed then all is good. If you don't know for sure then a new set of plugs is not a bad place to start and check the air filter is clean. If it's only done 6000 miles from new (not sure) then it may benefit from an Italian tune up, in particular if it's only doing low town miles. Put some premium petrol in (or injector cleaning additive) and go for a spirited revving type drive (respect any local laws) and see if this makes any difference before you look further.
As to the noise not sure what that is, possible cam follower noise as the pressure builds?
Does it need an oil change?
A few starters.
Good luck.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• barnsley john
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jul 2019 17:26 #211053 by barnsley john
Replied by barnsley john on topic flat spot on throttle tickover jimny 3 2017
just had a mess the sound seems like a electrical buzzing / arcing but is only for a split second when you blip the throttle
just pushed and twidled all the electrical connections on top of the injectors seemed to have cured it
but wat have I done
does it need some wd 40 spraying on injector or something like that thanks john

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds