BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

New exhaust and clutch

More
10 Jul 2019 13:49 #210837 by Reason2doubt
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationHi all,

I've been ordering a few things for the Jimny lately but I've gotten a little lost when it comes to ordering a new exhaust and clutch.

I'm replacing the exhaust as its got holes in a few places and the clutch just for peace of mind as I can't figure out when it was (if it was ever) done and the fact it is extremely high on the pedal.

I've got a 1999 Jimny (reg: V177GDS) - If anyone could point me in the direction of an exhaust that would fit I'm looking to replace everything between the manifold and the back box. I believe I have a catalytic converter...but again, I'm not even sure anymore from looking at the variations on the internet and I'm beginning to doubt what car/variant I own.

For a clutch, I believe something like this might be suitable? If anyone with any experience could verify for me that would be great! :cheer:

Many thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2019 17:01 #210844 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic New exhaust and clutch
Try and get an Exedy clutch kit, I had Luk which I thought were a fair quality but a new Exedy bites much more positively. Expect to pay £70-90.

Your best bet with an exhaust is to find the suppliers details from eBay and call them direct to confirm fitment. B & M Catalysts are good quality at a fair price.....

sniper
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reason2doubt

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
10 Jul 2019 18:00 #210849 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic New exhaust and clutch
'99 Jimny will almost surely be the G13 engine if that helps (will have 16 valve embossed on the timing belt cover). If it has SUZUKI on the top spark plug cover then it is an M13 engine.

Both at that age should have the R7me gearbox which will have the same clutch as any other jimny up to the new model (2018 on).

Not too sure on the exhaust for a G series, but im pretty sure it will have a CAT needed after the manifold. Get under and post a pic of whats there currently and get it identified...

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
10 Jul 2019 18:18 #210854 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic New exhaust and clutch
Yes it will have a cat but it will NOT have to be type approved Has the car was made before 2001
So you can get one for around £50
Exedy clutch kit for around £65 on the Bay
search around for the clutch i paid £49 for my Exedy and it's still on my spares pile lol

More
11 Jul 2019 08:53 #210882 by Reason2doubt
Replied by Reason2doubt on topic New exhaust and clutch
Thanks everyone for the replies. I've ordered an Exedy clutch kit and exhaust from eBay - thanks for the input!

Riccy - really good to know that I most likely have the G13 engine, I don't have a cover on the engine itself (it's just a metal top) unlike most newer Jimny's I've seen.

I had a look around google to get a quick picture, the engine itself looks like the picture attached so I assume that must be the G13BB block!

Cheers!

Stuart
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds