BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

new drums cant find (soluti)on here £22)

• invincible
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 May 2019 13:22 #208803 by invincible
new drums cant find was created by invincible
hey up all, had a few MOT failings and need some bits anyone know the oem number for 2005 , 55 reg i,m struggling to find some.
any help on this would be much app, as all sorts needs doing. cheers in advance liam.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2019 13:36 #208804 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic new drums cant find
I can get them, at Suzuki prices of course.

If you want me to price them up then let me know

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• Jimx5
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 May 2019 21:10 #208835 by Jimx5
Replied by Jimx5 on topic new drums cant find

invincible wrote: hey up all, had a few MOT failings and need some bits anyone know the oem number for 2005 , 55 reg i,m struggling to find some.
any help on this would be much app, as all sorts needs doing. cheers in advance liam.

Forgive me for asking, but why would you need new drums, no MOT inspector is ever going to look inside a drum!

• invincible
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 May 2019 09:19 #208994 by invincible
Replied by invincible on topic new drums cant find
thanks on offer martin, but gonna go down non original route mate. failed mot on fluctuating rear brake, holes in sills below seat belt attachment points apparently fiber glassing was a good fix!!

• invincible
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 May 2019 09:22 #208995 by invincible
the bxxxd poke hole all underneath her, then said i needed to weld it. said rear brake fluctuating, so ive now new shoes and to fit and spring kit, do you think that will sort it or i,ll need drums too? shes just done 100k miles, ive got to get this welding done , in a panic!!

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
26 May 2019 09:33 #208997 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic new drums cant find
Getting welding done by a third party is expensive simply because it is time consuming and impossible to tell before you start what you are going to end up doing. It's not as bad if you have a handy mate or some ability yourself but it still takes time. My rear drums were out of round quite significantly after similar mileage. I don't have the facility to machine them so just got more locally. My shoes were fine and have rebedded after a few miles.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• mickt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 May 2019 11:01 #209002 by mickt
Replied by mickt on topic new drums cant find
Check the rear brake cylinders are nice and free. With a drum off one side at a time, get somebody to very gently push the foot pedal with you holding each shoe in turn with a screwdriver or lever to prevent them both moving at the same time. Check to see each one moves freely and smoothly. Push the shoe back in and do the other shoe and repeat on other side of axle. Does not need to move too far as if they are going to be sticking it will be at the first movement point.

• invincible
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 May 2019 08:40 #209054 by invincible
thanks guys i,ll give this all a whirl, not looking fwd to welding , think might be too much rot, then that will be her done eh:( :(

• invincible
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 May 2019 08:58 #209055 by invincible
does anyone know if these will fit ? i,m unsure on original dimentions, thought theyd be a simple find? cheers Liam

www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/brake-drum-1...fj/19991-1-3-16v-4x4

• mickt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 May 2019 14:51 #209065 by mickt
Replied by mickt on topic new drums cant find
Which ones of the list are you meaning? Have you measured yours to see if the dims match their details?

More
27 May 2019 17:43 #209076 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic new drums cant find
Pop to your local motor factors and give them the registration number. They'll find you some new drums.

Do some more poking about yourself to find the full extent of the rust the MOT man found and then take it to get a quote. If you are happy to pay that, then buy the drums after. Otherwise you'll have bought drums for a car you're scrapping.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
27 May 2019 17:46 #209077 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic new drums cant find
Ive just taken the whole drum brake assembly off Ulysses to convert to disks. Going free if you want them, in the scrap pile otherwise :laugh:

Everything is there except the backing plate (shoes, drums, springs, etc).

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds