BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Exhaust connections

More
20 Apr 2019 07:16 #206387 by BGBrit
Exhaust connections was created by BGBrit
Hi all

Had a back box delivered today but its the wrong one at least the way its connected to the exhaust pipe.The one delivered has a straight pipe connection from the box whereas mine needs a bend before the connection coming from the box. I only paid 40% of the cost because of the error they stating it can be cut and welded (which I can do) however thinking further on I hope the box isn't internal different giving a different exhaust pattern. I know motorbike need remapping but not sure if the Jimny is the same. Any views on this? Has anyone experienced the same and had problem with engine lights firing up?
Cheers
Tony.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2019 07:31 - 20 Apr 2019 07:32 #206389 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Exhaust connections
I doubt that any internal difference (if one does exist) will make any difference to the Jimny Engine. Modern closed loop fuel injection system are fairly good at keeping the engine running good with minor changes.
So if you can make it fit and want to go for it, me being lazy it feels like a lot of work compared to just obtaining the correct box.
:laugh:

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 20 Apr 2019 07:32 by Scimike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BGBrit

More
20 Apr 2019 07:58 #206390 by BGBrit
Replied by BGBrit on topic Exhaust connections
Thanks Scimike,,I should of said the supplier cant get the type I need. It can be trouble over here by the Black Sea getting parts there very few Jimny's over here. I was thinking of cutting the existing pipe and slipping it into the socket end of the back box and either welding it or using black high temp silicon to seal the joint an hour or would be the time used up. Not so bad...

More
20 Apr 2019 09:46 #206392 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Exhaust connections
Ah - ok, I would do the same if unable to get the parts.

Nothing wrong with a home engineered solution.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds