BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:How do I reset the yellow engine light?

• mickt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 May 2019 12:45 #208871 by mickt
Replied by mickt on topic Re:How do I reset the yellow engine light?
There are two sensors, pre and post cat, so if it is picking out the pre sensor I would change that after inspecting the wiring is not damaged or even disconnected!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2019 00:38 - 26 May 2019 00:42 #208954 by Max Headroom

mickt wrote: Max Headroom What made you decide it was a particular sensor that was causing the battery to go flat as I would have thought that once the ignition was off the sensors are OFF?. Or did you get the car ECU read and it gave it the thumbs down or did you just picked that sensor. Even then I doubt that it would cause a battery problem.
Pony your best bet is to get the charging system checked properly and as mentioned get the codes read. Any decent garage will normally read the codes for you as long as it is not a Dealers!

Hmmm
I think you misunderstood me - The engine management light kept coming on and I disconnected the battery for a few mins and reconn'd it - this re-set the light.
I never mentioned I had a battery problem.

The eng management light has stayed off for some time since replacing that sensor, but has in recent weeks reappeared. Also the guys struggled getting it through its emissions at the MOT so I guess I'm now looking down the barrel of a new CAT.
"There's always bloody something"

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 26 May 2019 00:42 by Max Headroom.

• mickt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 May 2019 10:53 #209001 by mickt
Replied by mickt on topic Re:How do I reset the yellow engine light?
Some car cats respond well to a pressure wash, off the car obviously and in both directions. Worth a try.

More
28 May 2019 22:06 - 28 May 2019 22:07 #209156 by Max Headroom
Interesting one that, Mick! Thanks, I might have to give that a go!

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 28 May 2019 22:07 by Max Headroom.

More
01 Jun 2019 10:48 #209391 by kirkynut
Aftermarket cats are not all that expensive these days as the cheaper ones don't contain precious metals. God knows how they work without but I've had a cheap one fitted for years without issue and have driven it through freezing water when hot, which often messes them up.

So I would bite the bullet and gave a new cat put on by a garage who've got heat, tools and s ramp to do it more easily.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds