BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Removing the Spare Wheel & Mount on a Gen 4 2019 Jimny: Now a Cleanskin!

More
28 May 2019 07:41 #209114 by stiffsteve204me
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

GeorgeC wrote: See also, This Topic for a similar discussion: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/6-jimny...wheel-carrier#208433

Yesterday the Bolts for the spare wheel mount were undone. :) Thank you to Nev, from Jim's Mowing!
Today, off to the Bolt-n-Nut Shop for something nice in Stainless Steel to fill the holes, I came home empty handed! :(
Back to Dr Google, now I'm looking for something 10mm X 1.25mm pitch with a button head, about 19-25mm long. :huh:

Edit: I found these, ex UK, but with an Aus agent, so I can buy 4 only. www.probolt-australia.com/black-steel-do...-x-1-25mmx-25mm.html (plan "B")

I'll keep looking and to keep the weather out, I have re-fitted the original bolts and put some 8x2mm (tap spindle) O-rings up against the bolt heads. See photo, below:

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Here, George.

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
  • Lambert's Avatar Topic Author
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
29 May 2019 10:32 #209176 by Lambert
Have you tried a chandlers for the bolts might be a bit more expensive but not like importing from the UK?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
  • Caelite
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Jun 2019 16:16 #209665 by Caelite
I don't mean to sound negative, but, have you considered seeking some further tuition for reversing? Not sure how the situation is in Australia, but in the UK it isn't uncommon for driving instructors to offer refresher lessons to folk who are struggling with aspects of their driving. Based on what you said about the situation you had in the shop car park this, in my opinion, seems suitable for you.

The Jimny is a really easy car once you get used to it, my advice, coming from driving trucks & vans, is to try & learn to use the big square side mirrors rather than the rear view, once you are used to them I find it far easier to reverse using them rather than turning my head.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds