BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:torque settings for engine swap m16a

• invincible
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jan 2019 18:25 #201865 by invincible
torque settings for engine swap m16a was created by invincible
hey there everyone , i think i may have found a donor engine m16a , and i might get a m13a too to swap the parts over so jimny isnt off the road as long, tell me if this is stupid idea! i did see on here somewhere but cant find again , where the torque setting for all the swap parts were emailed by PM , please can anyone help if they have them, cheers in advance. L

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
27 Jan 2019 20:35 #201884 by Lambert
I don't have the torque specs but I'm with you on having a donor 1.3 to minimise the down time of the swap, it also has the benefit of a full set of ancillaries to go into stores for if and when they are needed.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
28 Jan 2019 08:14 #201899 by yakuza
I did not use a torque wrench at all when i did my swap.
Cannot recommend that of course, but if you are well experienced in doing mods and other mechanics you could do this by feel like I did.
To move stuff over from the 1.3 just takes a few hours max so i wouldn't bother with the extra 1.3 engine. I did however prepare the 1.6 in advance before starting on the car. Removed the bottom, removed wiring, manifolds, cooling pipe and everything to be switched over.
Too much space lost in my garage for the one surplus 1.3 already :)

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
28 Jan 2019 13:06 #201915 by Busta

yakuza wrote: I did not use a torque wrench at all when i did my swap.

Me neither. It's only a few ancillaries that need swapping over. There are no torque-critical components like bearing caps or cylinder heads.

• invincible
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jan 2019 21:47 #201964 by invincible
Replied by invincible on topic torque settings for engine swap m16a
ok , sound , cheers guys, stupid question but the donor engine will need its 1.6 injectors left in yes, ive seen one but look like they have been removed. you dont swap over the 1.3 ones?

More
29 Jan 2019 18:02 #202032 by ahtr
Yes, use the 1.6 injectors

My green laner build
2003 Jimny - M16 engine - 4.16 TC - Winch - Snorkel - 30x9.5 Maxxis MT-764 tyres on 15x7 ET-7 offset wheels - 4" lift - Rear floating axles and discs

More
30 Jan 2019 07:28 #202061 by Busta
The 1.6 injectors will need to be put into the 1.3 inlet manifold.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

• invincible
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Feb 2019 10:53 #202801 by invincible
Replied by invincible on topic Re:torque settings for engine swap m16a
cheers guys, back to looking for an engine that isnt bare then !! or sourcing 1.6 injectors, and then ........ feel its going to add up when i keep needing to buy more parts than i thought.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds