BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Replacement hub CV does not fit

• greaseball88
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Dec 2018 19:11 #199505 by greaseball88
Replacement hub CV does not fit was created by greaseball88
Hello guys as the title suggests i have a 03 jimny my front wheel bearings gone so instead of replacing bearing and having no lack of tool i got a second hand hub with a decent wheel bearing i have gone to fit it today but my cv wont go all the way through it gets to a point going through the hub where the last section of the CV hits the hub and wont go through the hole on the wheel bearing the holes looks completely different aswell if thats any concelation not sure what year hub the replacement is.
Cheers david .
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Dec 2018 20:39 #199508 by Delux
Not sure what pic is the old one and new one, LOL! Only difference I can see in the pics is this is missing...

www.bigjimny.com/store/front-spindle-bush.html

There are 2 types of CV joint. I'm guessing the 2nd hand one you bought is the wrong type for the CV joint you have. There is a guide here...

www.bigjimny.com/mediawiki/index.php/CV_joint_replacement

Busiest Mechanic in Scotland!
My pics (inc. pics of my latest Jimny project)...
www.flickr.com/photos/159422664@N08/albums
My ebay stuff for sale...
www.ebay.co.uk/usr/deeelux

• greaseball88
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Dec 2018 21:10 #199512 by greaseball88
Replied by greaseball88 on topic Replacement hub CV does not fit
Thanks for that man apreciate that i recon by the looks of things the original hub has had that said bush removed because of the diamater of the spindle im guessing that the (new)second hand hub fits a 19mm spindle where mines 22mm according to the charts so im assuming i need to either change the CV or replace Hub with the correct size.
Cheers for that delux.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds