BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Wheel Alignment Benefits ??

More
26 Oct 2018 08:18 #197076 by grumyoldjoe
I rang the 5 independents I have used in the past for punctures etc.
They all wanted between 90 and 95 notes a tyre.
Dont mind paying an extra fiver for one or even two but not for five.
Halfrauds were offering 75 a corner and Kwikfit 80.

Wine improves with age.
The older I get the more I like it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mickt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Oct 2018 15:45 #197087 by mickt
Replied by mickt on topic Wheel Alignment Benefits ??
I use Best Tyres here in Stoke on Trent. Always honest and good competitive price. They do want you want. No aftersales bull trying to con you. They are mainly a company that does the HGV side of things but now cater for cars etc. Mind you I had to advise the fitters about torque wrenches and the fact that putting the bolts/nuts on with the air gun and then using the torque wrench, set to 120ibft by the way as its an average!, is not how to do it. They got into that as the law dictates that all wheel retainers have to be torqued. I explained that overtorquing is as bad or worse then undertorquing and there should be a list displayed of all cars and there torque figures. I always tell them the pressure I want and the torque figures and they are OK with it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds