BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Clutch Pedal Free Play

• komdan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Oct 2018 20:11 - 03 Oct 2018 20:17 #196482 by komdan
Replied by komdan on topic Re:Clutch Pedal Free Play
Yes, i today managed to do it.

I realised it was just hand tight, and didn't need any tool, i managed to sneak my right arm to adjust it. clutch has a nice play > 1cm and it's the same level with the brake pedal (after adjusting the pedal height adjuster) just as i wanted.

People that ask these kind of questions are new in the business exactly like me. I usually don't try to touch things if i didn't understood how they work, and hence all the questions.

thanks everyone for the help.
Last edit: 03 Oct 2018 20:17 by komdan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2018 19:57 - 04 Oct 2018 20:02 #196501 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re:Clutch Pedal Free Play
We all have to start somewhere and this is not a safety critical thing, so why not have a fiddle?

I taught myself before the internet took hold by reading books, car magazines and Haynes manuals. I was that sad I read Haynes manuals for my Dad's old cars he no longer owned!

Then I owned my first card and fiddled and eventually when I had the money and time built a car from the ground up re-shelling a Nova Gte and re-building the engine etc as I went.

There's still some jobs I've never done. I'm going to change prop uj's for the first time soon.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
Last edit: 04 Oct 2018 20:02 by kirkynut.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
05 Oct 2018 03:31 #196507 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:Clutch Pedal Free Play
Nova gte. Good man!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds