BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Rear washer route

• ChrisW
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Aug 2018 10:56 #195323 by ChrisW
Rear washer route was created by ChrisW
Hey peeps,

I am running some wires from inside the bonnet to the rear door and want to follow the rear washer pipe route. Can anyone give me a hint as to where it goes?

The below image and description shows that its behind the rear side panel (which I will be taking out this evening), but does anyone know where it goes from there? Inside the door sill?

The wires I am running are large and cant just be tucked under the carpet (6AWG / 16mm² x2 wires)

Thanks to the blog post here: www.danbp.org/p/en/node/104

TIA
Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
21 Aug 2018 17:13 #195335 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Rear washer route
Here you go...

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Attachments:

• jonnz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Aug 2018 04:33 #195345 by jonnz
Replied by jonnz on topic Rear washer route
Was looking at my Jimny (1998 G13BB RHD) for an unrelated issue and saw this.by right hand door sill

So mine travels from
1. reservoir (LHS) then is bundled with a whole bunch of wires
2 across fire wall
3. enters cabin by door sill (on its own not bundled with wires anymore)
4. starts heading left again
5. ends up at RHS of rear door.

Do not know path from 4 to 5.
Attachments:

• ChrisW
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Aug 2018 10:00 #195355 by ChrisW
Replied by ChrisW on topic Rear washer route
Thanks gents,

Mine went the same route as Jonnz. But when looking I made the call to pull the seats out and run the cables I wanted the same route as Riccy. It made sense since I am coming into the cab via the grommet in front of the passenger seat. The cables will untimatly connect to a secondary battery located in that corner so makes the most sense.

So looks like there are 2 possible routes.

Chris

More
24 Aug 2018 05:40 #195395 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Rear washer route
I often find it easier to run cables above the roof liner. And preferably to the passenger side on the dashboard as there is more room for my hands behind the glove compartment. Glove compartment comes out easy. door gaskets come of easy so you just slip cables in.
Not much to dismantle, and i guess the top of the rear door is where you want to go to anyway.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

• ChrisW
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Aug 2018 08:33 #195397 by ChrisW
Replied by ChrisW on topic Rear washer route
The cables I was running wouldn’t fit in the roof lining, they are 6AWG. From the battery to a distribution point which is to be located in the back right corner.

From here, I will be using a fuse box to branch out. I have the wires to the top of the door run, and will be running a few more around the rear of the car.

Now decided to ditch the plastics from the rear and build the whole system out of ply, I get more room without them and can make a better storage space for the fuse box and bus bar.

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds