BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Any help would be great!

• domdjr
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jul 2018 20:21 #194535 by domdjr
Any help would be great! was created by domdjr
Hi,

Firstly my apologies if this is in the wrong topic!

I have just bought my first Jimny and I am keen to get going with installing some accessories! (I have all sorts of crazy ideas at the moment but am taking it one step at a time). My first question really is where is the best place to get wiring from the dashboard with switches etc, to the engine bay for connection, or if there are any spare looms anywhere for accessories! I was thinking about getting some spotlights on as a first port of call hence the query about switches etc!

My second question is where you find the best point to jack and put axle stands as I am looking to tidy up the wheel arches so would need to get the wheels off to get access.

Sorry if I have made no sense whatsoever and thank you for your help in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jim
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jul 2018 22:20 #194536 by jim
Replied by jim on topic Any help would be great!
Welcome domdjr

On the trailing arms there's a small nipple like protrusion. I use a trolley jack on there.

Take care working underneath your car

More
23 Jul 2018 09:22 - 23 Jul 2018 09:24 #194551 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Any help would be great!

domdjr wrote: Hi,

Firstly my apologies if this is in the wrong topic!

I have just bought my first Jimny and I am keen to get going with installing some accessories! (I have all sorts of crazy ideas at the moment but am taking it one step at a time). My first question really is where is the best place to get wiring from the dashboard with switches etc, to the engine bay for connection, or if there are any spare looms anywhere for accessories! I was thinking about getting some spotlights on as a first port of call hence the query about switches etc!

My second question is where you find the best point to jack and put axle stands as I am looking to tidy up the wheel arches so would need to get the wheels off to get access.

Sorry if I have made no sense whatsoever and thank you for your help in advance!

I do not remember where i got the wires thru, but that would indicate that i did not have much trouble finding a spot. on the side of the rubber at the big loom if you run only one or two, and maybe behind the glove compartment? You can easily unhook the upper part of the glove box and swing the glove box down for easier access. In most cases it is easier behind there as there is much more stuff in the way on the drivers side.

Axle stands can be put under the axles ( :) ) I have a higher lifting jack that i put under the diff on the rear that allow me to lift it high enough to get both sides up at one go to put the stands under the rear axle. On the front I lift one side at a time usually, but you can also lift at the side of the diff to take both sides in one go if your jack can lift that high. And also putting axle stand under the front axle.
When i did my lift kit i put the stands under the main frame rails.
Always use good solid axle stands placed on an even surface if you plan to crawl under!

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 23 Jul 2018 09:24 by yakuza.
The following user(s) said Thank You: domdjr

• domdjr
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Jul 2018 15:15 #194610 by domdjr
Replied by domdjr on topic Any help would be great!
Thank you very much for your help!

More
24 Jul 2018 21:23 #194624 by gv42
Replied by gv42 on topic Any help would be great!
welcome

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds