BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Progressive Springs

More
17 Jul 2018 19:00 #194406 by safari
progressive springs was created by safari
hi just fitted a set of these progressive springs they looked quite good and a bit expensive but ,when fitted them my jimny leaned to the drivers side and when i am in it it leans much more i used to have jimny bits 3" never had so much lean . has anybody fitted something similar the seller is saying they do not lean that much but from mine they do . or what shall i do before go for spring spacer ?

if u worry u die if u dont worry u still die so why worry
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2018 22:08 #194408 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic progressive springs
The only thing I can suggest is swapping the rear springs left to right and seeing if that has any impact, some springs for the UK are 10mm shorter on the offside to allow for the camber on the roads. If yours are and you've fitted them on wrong sides, that would explain excessive lean, maybe...

If that doesn't work, fit a single spring seat on the low side. Superpro make them in 5mm 15mm 25mm and bigger.

I considered progressive springs and decided against them, I couldn't find any on the market at the time and would have had to have bespoke springs turned. An unknown, so I stayed with standard. They weren't expensive, around £200 for the set.

The main problem was the light weight of the body and the large axle weight, trying to stop rebound being the issue.

I'd love to know how you get on with both the leaning issue and also, how the springs behave in use, a small review would be great.

sniper

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
18 Jul 2018 06:17 #194412 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Re:progressive springs
Have a look at zanfi springs. I use +3” diesel ones. Very pleased with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
04 Apr 2019 07:10 #205512 by safari
Replied by safari on topic progressive springs
Very disappointed with these springs .for the lean i had to make 2.5 spacer
For offroad not stable at all it wobbles a lot .in my last competition i was going to topple a couple of times
I have to buy new springs now

if u worry u die if u dont worry u still die so why worry
Attachments:

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
04 Apr 2019 09:20 #205519 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Re:progressive springs

safari wrote: Very disappointed with these springs .for the lean i had to make 2.5 spacer
For offroad not stable at all it wobbles a lot .in my last competition i was going to topple a couple of times
I have to buy new springs now

All 4 of mine have snapped since Christmas, needless to say I’m now not impressed with them either!

Replaced with jimnybits ones and all is well now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
05 Apr 2019 07:55 #205562 by sniper
Bad news Safari and yours Riccy, buying what you perceive to be "high quality" because of a suppliers name and cost, yet you get poor quality rubbish.

I've gone to Eibach but at only +30mm with 15mm spacers, just to stay with a "proper" spring manufacturer.

Some lifted cars that I've seen, have literally wobbled on their springs and look weak off road because of them, big swings as the point of balance changes over a crest. Never seen them take a car over but they make the car look far less stable to drive.

Nice to see a Jimny in competition.

sniper

More
11 Apr 2019 19:02 #205909 by sniper
I've read very good things about Kings springs.....

sniper

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
12 Apr 2019 05:58 #205930 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic progressive springs
I'm going to have company down here in the lowest Jimny possible group! Yay!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds