BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Kingpins, bearings and seals sizes..

More
20 Jun 2018 19:43 #193687 by Kylobeetle
Hello everyone here. As you can see I'm new to this forum and also new to this world of off-road vehicles. I have acquired a second hand Jimny from 2007 (JB43V, JLX, SN-413) and I'm trying to locate the needed parts for change the front and rear bearings, seals and others to fix some oil leakage and keep my Jimny in good shape. Happens that there are so many variants, and so many ways to refering to one model that Im struggling to find the proper parts, Where I live (Panama, Central America) I have access to KOYO bearings and parts. but I do need the measurements and sizes to ask for them, Unmont my bearings which im sure they were never changed before, Will be very complex to ask if they have them or not. Maybe its the only way but before doing that I'm hoping that till this time, at least for my model someone can kindly assist me with any advice of how ask for them. Like an example, after some hard digging I could find that 2 of the kingpin bearings are labeled as 30302J. But I still missing the others , the seals, even the rear bearings. If someone could kindly assist me in this dutty I would be very thankful. In the meantime, I still looking for them, I have found some bundles in Ebay that fits my model but they re kind of expensive compared to my country prices, thats why I would like to buy them here I have the chance. Thanks in advance.

Jonathan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jun 2018 21:30 #193691 by mlines
Take a look in my store, it's all there for you

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
22 Jun 2018 06:04 #193719 by yakuza
Not all bearings and seals are standard sizes. and sometimes you will need the original mounting kit hardware like the retainer for the rear bearing.
I too have access to industry bearings, from SKF at low low prices thru my work (gearbox manufacturer), but it is only those bearings you mention that i bother to buy thru my own channels.
It saves a lot of hassle and stress to just buy the original kits in my opinion.
And it is also important to keep the original parts source in business in my opinion, cause when they see no demand for parts they will shut down.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

• Dano0404
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Jun 2018 20:25 #193757 by Dano0404

More
24 Jun 2018 15:13 #193788 by kirkynut
Just get them from the BigJimny Shop. They're the right parts at a cheap price and Koyo are the original manufacturers.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds