BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Exhaust hanging rubbers

• mickt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jun 2018 19:27 #193684 by mickt
Exhaust hanging rubbers was created by mickt
Need some new ones but the shop does not seem to stock. Anybody know who sells them as the ebay ones are generally crap!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jun 2018 19:31 #193685 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Exhaust hanging rubbers
Local exhaust place?
I need to get some replaced the rear not so long ago and it's gone again now the middle one has gone luckily I could turn the rubber side way's and still use it but it's higher up now

• ChrisW
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jun 2018 21:22 #193717 by ChrisW
Replied by ChrisW on topic Exhaust hanging rubbers
I got mine from here
www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/suzuki_Jimny_Exhaust%20System.aspx

I had to replace the 2 rear ones and one in the middle. The 2 rear sagged a bit and had to be bolstered with some hose clamps

• mickt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Jun 2018 18:30 - 22 Jun 2018 18:34 #193749 by mickt
Replied by mickt on topic Exhaust hanging rubbers

I got replacements from a company called Jimny Bits here in Stoke on Trent. Suzuki made in India stock at a fiver each. As you can see from the photos they have a metal insert in each hole so one has to be removed to allow the rubber to slide onto the hangers. This firm are on ebay but if you want their address/telephone number PM me. They keep massive stock by the way. Nice people who are into their cars etc
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Jun 2018 18:34 by mickt.

More
22 Jun 2018 22:01 - 22 Jun 2018 22:05 #193758 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Exhaust hanging rubbers
Also obtained mine from JimnyBits as above. I replaced the rear ones which appeared none standard and subsequently caused the exhaust box to hang lower fouling my new tow bar, the Jimnybits ones matched the oem ones and once fitted corrected my issue by lifting the exhaust.
I had contemplated using hose clamps to lift the none oem ones, but the ones from Jimnybits are perfect.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 22 Jun 2018 22:05 by Scimike.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds