BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Jimny suspension upgrade - Manufacturers & Opinions

• florinelu07
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jun 2018 05:11 #193237 by florinelu07
Hi all,

I'm looking for suspension upgrade (+2") and I'm considering no to spend ridiculous amount o money for it.
I've got multiple quotes from different suppliers of car parts and all quotes are based on "standard" suppliers parts that do provide OEM code alternative (size and function):

- Monroe
- KYB
- TRW
- KILEN
- SPIDAN
- NK
- DIEDRICHS
- LESJOEFORS
- NIPPARTS
... and many others....

At a first look, the Monroe suspension kit (shocks & springs) cost ~240eur, or KYB ~200eur, significantly less than a whatever yellow, white or orange Jimny suspension kit.

Any thoughts on performance and reliability?

Thanks,
Florin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
06 Jun 2018 05:37 #193238 by Lambert
Suspension is a safety critical system and cheaply altering it with components not specifically designed for the application is in my opinion foolhardy without doing a good amount of testing and development either in the form of a kit from a reputable supplier or the more expensive way of doing the r and d yourself on your own car. Just because something will physically fit doesn't mean that it will work correctly. I have trailmaster dampers because they are properly designed for the Jimny. I am however doing my own development on the springs because I want road handling not off road performance and this is both difficult and expensive but it's what I need to do as no one else has.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• florinelu07
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jun 2018 07:32 #193242 by florinelu07
Replied by florinelu07 on topic Jimny suspension upgrade - Manufacturers & Opinions
I'm not referring to no name suppliers... Take Monroe for example, they provide following items for JIMNY:

Front shock - D7705
Rear shock - D7706
Front spring - SP2099
Rear spring - SP2100

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jun 2018 08:10 #193243 by TomDK
Well, your topic says upgrade. So thinking you want something better than Oem quality.

And in that case there are only Koni and Bilstein when it comes to standard length shocks.

More
06 Jun 2018 13:46 #193251 by X8GGY
You've contradicted yourself there?

You've said you want a suspension upgrade (+2") but then gone on to list standard part suppliers?

Do you just want to 'refresh' your suspension components or perform a 2" lift ?

I'd wholeheartedly recommend the trailmaster kit, available in the BigJimny store! B)

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds