BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Killing the low tyre pressure warning light.

More
04 Jun 2018 19:30 #193210 by helijohn

Daniel30 wrote: black tape or sticker of some description over the top of the bulb?

Over here isn't is an MoT fail if the light is on?
On the Celerio it works from the ABS sensors - maybe they will use that method on the new Jimny!! As I understand as long as all four sensors give a same reading it matters not the tyre size.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jun 2018 11:21 - 09 Jun 2018 11:22 #193331 by Thordur

OlaGB wrote: Sorry for not being able to help you, but that car sure caught my interest!

Would love to read about it, and see more pictures of it! Must be motor converted as well i guess?

Yep, here is a little info.
I bought the car in it's present state. The former owner had replaced the transfer box with one from an automatic, that way the 1.3 engine can cope with the 35x12.5" tyres. The car is my daily driver and is, surprisingly, quite swift. Apart from the transfer box, the rest of the mechanic is stock. The car has 2" body lift and the wheelarches were made bigger. The flares could have been made by www.brettakantar.is or www.formverk.is. The front axle has been moved (tilted) forwards about 1" and the lower steering shaft has been lenghtened a little.
Last edit: 09 Jun 2018 11:22 by Thordur.

• NIKOS OETA
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jun 2018 18:39 #193402 by NIKOS OETA
Replied by NIKOS OETA on topic Killing the low tyre pressure warning light.
Thordur can you give us some informations about the speedo corrector?? I use also the transfer from auto with 31"-32" tyres and have the same problem!

More
14 Jun 2018 11:31 #193432 by Thordur
The device I installed is made right here in Reykjavik. A bit expensive (around 140 pounds) but guaranteed to work. I chose to tap into the yellow/green wire going to the speedo. After installation, you must use a GPS to calibrate it. There are two presets for you to be able to switch between tyre sizes. samras.is/index.php/vefverslun/jeppav%C3...3%A6labreytir-detail
The following user(s) said Thank You: NIKOS OETA

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds