BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Steering dampener kit

• ewanwells
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jun 2018 08:47 #193116 by ewanwells
Steering dampener kit was created by ewanwells
I've almost installed this dampener kit to my jimny. Problem is I've now come to try to tighten the nut on the rod end of the piston but it all just spins meaning I can't actually get the nut to tighten on more than a few threads.

Is there an easy way to do this... Given up trying now as I haven't been able to sort it at all...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2018 09:46 #193117 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic Steering dampener kit
If you look at the end of the damper shaft that the nut is on, you will see that is flat on two sides.

Put a ring spanner (ratchet ring if you've got one) on the nut and hold the shaft with a small adjustable across the flat faces, it will nip up but it's a nyloc so will be tight all the way.

It might be easier to take the mount off the bar (U bolts out), tighten the nut in question and then re-fit the mount.

sniper
The following user(s) said Thank You: Toka

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
01 Jun 2018 19:02 #193128 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Steering dampener kit
as above, its the same as shock. Just grip the flattened sides of the threaded stud with grips or spanner and tighten the (stiff) locknut.

That looks like a return-to-centre damper/spring kit. Where did you get this kit from out of interest?

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Toka

• Toka
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jun 2018 06:52 #193141 by Toka
Replied by Toka on topic Steering dampener kit
Cheers guys, managed it now and all done...

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds