BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

AVM Locking wheel hubs

• NineCherries
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jul 2018 23:29 #193976 by NineCherries
Replied by NineCherries on topic Re:AVM Locking wheel hubs
I plan to do that too, I’ve plugged the pipes just now but I’ll bypass the full system soon so I know it’s not going to be an issue in the future. Not searched the site yet but I’m sure I read it on the testing vacuum hub wiki or similar. What did you use to bridge the pins? A proper cut n solder job or is it simpler?

Cheers T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2018 01:51 #193979 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic Re:AVM Locking wheel hubs
Kayjay: It sounds like you have fixed your problem by going to the Tyrex hubs. That's good and hopefully you can get back to enjoying the trails.

I'm only coming back to reply to this thread again because I don't want someone to buy a set of AVM hubs, receive them with conical washers, and panic that they have the wrong hub.

A recap of my hubs: Mine were identical to yours with conical holes in the hub and used conical washers. All the hub measurements were identical to what you showed. Mine had the 457 cast into the hub (as NineCherries shows) so that I never worried about having the correct ones. The only dimensional difference, as I posted earlier, was the dimension of the vacuum seal surface to the hub mounting surface. Yours was 8.67mm and mine was 7mm.

NineCherries: It looks from the picture like your hubs have conical holes. Is that correct?

Bottom line is that I'm glad you have your problem solved Kayjay.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left

• NineCherries
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Jul 2018 07:27 #193989 by NineCherries
Just to confirm, yeah my 457’s have conical washers.

• kayjay
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Jul 2018 08:02 #193993 by kayjay
Replied by kayjay on topic Re:AVM Locking wheel hubs
I didn't plug the pipes as I couldn't really see any point. I searched high and low to find a 2 pin plug and socket the same as the vacuum switch but no joy so far - if anyone knows please let me know. I wanted to be able to reverse the mod easily should I need to so I made a bridge (from solar tabbing wire) to insert into the car side socket and short it out. I do intend to use my 3D printer to make blanking caps for both ends, I just need to find another connector the same on the car to take accurate measurements from as the vacuum switch is really hard to reach. If I do and they work I'll post back here and can make you a pair if you need.

• NineCherries
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Jul 2018 18:01 #194020 by NineCherries
That would be fantastic if you do. :)

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds