BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

jimny gearbox worn bearings?

• poppy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Apr 2018 10:23 #192190 by poppy
jimny gearbox worn bearings? was created by poppy
Ihave a 2012 jimny with 35000 miles on the clock.The gearbox seems to be getting noisey Ihave spoken to two Suzuki garages about this and said i think the bearings are worn they both said that the Jimny does not suffer bearing problems Are they right.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
26 Apr 2018 10:29 #192192 by Lambert
Hi and welcome. I have a 2011 with twice your mileage and its fine. Have you looked at getting the oil changed this often helps?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
26 Apr 2018 10:35 - 26 Apr 2018 10:38 #192193 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic jimny gearbox worn bearings?
usually the 2005 to 2009 has bearings problems, not so common with 2009 and newer. But if you check ebay there are a lot of refurbished gearboxes for the newer, but not for the older jimnys. Here in Norway all scrappers are out of these gearboxes..
R72 are the new and R7me is the olde one.

When you get the oil changed you can see on the magnet in the bottom plug if there is metal shavings and also see if the oil is contaminated and metallic.

If you gearbox is loud there is only time until bearings break down and crush your gearwheels. I would stop driving the car immediately and get the bearings changed. I did not stop so had to buy a new gearbox..

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 26 Apr 2018 10:38 by yakuza.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds