BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Another Sensor Question.

• Miniman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Apr 2018 18:26 #191539 by Miniman
Another Sensor Question. was created by Miniman
Hello fellow Jimny drivers... New here but not new to forums. I own a 2001 Jimny it's an amazing little toy but I am having sensor problems. It's more confusion about which sensor for what engine. I bought this little 48,000mile Jimny from an old bloke. I set off home and half way to the Motorway it stopped.. the crank Sensor problem. If I waited it would drive again for a short while as long as I stayed below 50mph. So I went on the net and found a place local to me and they checked it was the correct sensor and yep...It arrived. i fit it and it lasted 2 days. It stopped 3 times and never ran again. So I poped the old sensor back in for now. I was sold a LEMARK LCS390. My engine is a M13A so can someone help me out......please. It would be nice to get one before friday I have a trip...humm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
11 Apr 2018 03:21 #191549 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Another Sensor Question.
If you send Martin the admin Mlines a private message he should be able to get you going.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
11 Apr 2018 06:47 #191555 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Another Sensor Question.
Yep send me over the reg. and I will be able to help

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• Miniman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Apr 2018 17:33 #191577 by Miniman
Replied by Miniman on topic Re:Another Sensor Question.
Hi guys. Cheers for the replys. Well today i had a brain storm and rang my mate who runs a garage he has ordered one for me from local Parts delivery firm... IF this one pops I will be buying from here.

Hey Lambert your only down the road from me.. Skipton. The last sensor came from TVR Parts down the road from you in Knaersbrough.

Martin i have been around the site a fair bit and you always seem to be there to help... Thank You..

• Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
11 Apr 2018 17:47 #191580 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:Another Sensor Question.
Cool. Never used tvr parts as I prefer pages for simple bits and here for the special and dealer only stuff.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Miniman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Apr 2018 21:22 #191884 by Miniman
Replied by Miniman on topic Re:Another Sensor Question.
Well the plot thickens.. So I gets the sensor fits it. No problem. Motor was faultless for 2 days then NOTHING.
So that went down as Faulty and recieved a refund.

I then got the local parts place to get me one.. Delphi at £25 put it on at the garage set off down the road and STOP... I cranked it but nothing. Waited a 1min turned the key it started so I drove back to the garage and told him...but it was running fine. I then went home and the next day went to it and it would not start. The immobiliser light was on... I refit the old failing sensor and hey presto...7miles at a time..... I am now thinking maybe I should change BOTH sensors at the same time.....!

More
19 Apr 2018 12:21 #191894 by Jezz
Replied by Jezz on topic Another Sensor Question.
If you have the same g series engine as in the photo, Check or remake the small earth strap thet goes from the cam sensor to the body ringed in red. I was having all sorts of issues with mine, Not starting, immobiliser, miss fire etc. After much fiddling i remade this earth and it has been spot on since. Worth checking just to illiminate it.

It's been fettled just a tad.
Attachments:

More
19 Apr 2018 13:10 #191895 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Another Sensor Question.
Tell us the VIN or REG number and we can tell you better what it should have.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
20 Apr 2018 07:02 #191930 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Another Sensor Question.
Perhaps send the VIN and Reg to Martin rather than post it on the open forum though.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Miniman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Apr 2018 20:02 #192040 by Miniman
Replied by Miniman on topic Another Sensor Question.
Cheers guys. Sorry for slow replys but I don't get on the net much. I try to keep away...ha ha..
I have done so and he has all details and more.... This is how bad it is. I have a radio shack up at 1600ft in the Yorkshire Dales. 15mins off road from the nearest road.... It's 13miles from my home... The Jimny Stops 3 times sometimes 4 times before I get to my Radio Shack... Its also good at failing right in a boggie area or going up a slope.... Sods law...

More
22 Apr 2018 20:36 - 22 Apr 2018 20:36 #192041 by Jezz
Replied by Jezz on topic Another Sensor Question.
Ignore my post above, As since posting mine has started playing up again, Although that earth strap was faulty on mine, it was obviously not the problem. So im back to searching for the fault.

It's been fettled just a tad.
Last edit: 22 Apr 2018 20:36 by Jezz. Reason: spelling

• Miniman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Apr 2018 19:25 #192122 by Miniman
Replied by Miniman on topic Another Sensor Question.
I can start from cold and do about 10miles then it starts to do it. I have to pull over then about every 2 mins for about 3 mins..

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds