BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Jimnybits winch cryb, anyone got pictures? Edit: Where to install solenoid???

• OlaGB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Mar 2018 11:24 - 06 May 2018 09:00 #190672 by OlaGB
I have ordered the JB winch cryb with tow points, but havent seen much pictures of it installed..

Anyone got pictures with and/or without bumper?
Mounts with and without tow points are interesting to see.

Would also be interested in seeing how far out the tow points and rollers/fairlead stick out
Last edit: 06 May 2018 09:00 by OlaGB.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rappey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Mar 2018 19:08 #190692 by rappey
Replied by rappey on topic Jimnybits winch cryb, anyone got pictures?
I fitted one of them. got a 13,000 lb winch mounted on it. Modified the clutch lever through the bumper for ease of use...
Fairly straight forward fitting it all, a little drilling through the chassis rails for the bolts..
Wanted the not in your face look.. Also fitted the rear hd recovery points. they protrude about the same amount through the rear bumper.
Attachments:

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
21 Mar 2018 19:12 #190694 by Riccy

The black bar below it is home made, but thats the jimnybits winch tray and tow points fitted and with a winch on. Dont have any pics without, but theres plenty of room for it. I have a 2" body lift also which helps with the room a fair bit, though the winch clutch lever can be front mounted on my winch, which means it would work without the body lift as well.

and ive since moved the number plate which helps protect the winch a bit...

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Attachments:

• OlaGB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Mar 2018 19:31 #190696 by OlaGB
Replied by OlaGB on topic Jimnybits winch cryb, anyone got pictures?
Thanks guys!

A bit dissapointed as i was hoping it would keep the farlead flat or even a bit into the bumper.. Sticking out of the bumper is a MOT fail over here in Norway..

Maybe i`m able to modify it some, well see when it shows.. Should be right around the corner!

• MadsV
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Mar 2018 21:46 #190702 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic Jimnybits winch cryb, anyone got pictures?
I like this one, pretty neat hiding.

• Young Pretender
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Mar 2018 00:10 #190713 by Young Pretender
Replied by Young Pretender on topic Jimnybits winch cryb, anyone got pictures?
These pictures might help. From memory it would be hard to easily mount the winch further back on the JB mount but may be possible if you’re creative. There’s space for the winch further back but, from memory, possibly not enough room underneigh for the mounting bolts to be further back.. if that makes sense? If you need the mount itself to be further back then possibly a harder puzzle still. Might be easier to fabricate something?

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

• OlaGB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Mar 2018 07:37 #190720 by OlaGB

MadsV wrote: I like this one, pretty neat hiding.

Yeah, that was a really nice installation!

• OlaGB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Mar 2018 08:17 #190722 by OlaGB

Young Pretender wrote: These pictures might help. From memory it would be hard to easily mount the winch further back on the JB mount but may be possible if you’re creative. There’s space for the winch further back but, from memory, possibly not enough room underneigh for the mounting bolts to be further back.. if that makes sense? If you need the mount itself to be further back then possibly a harder puzzle still. Might be easier to fabricate something?

Very good pictures, thanks!

Looks hard to get it further back for sure, but its not alot needed by the looks of it!
My winch is a few cm higher than yours though, so i might have to fabricate my own as you mentioned..

• OlaGB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 May 2018 08:59 #192433 by OlaGB
I`m installing the winch now, and it looks like i will be getting it close to flush with the bumper, if i use a glider fairlead.. So probably going for syntetic rope..

Moved the winch as far back as possible, and will be moving the fairlead mount wall 35mm back now..

But the next obstacle, is where to install the solenoid, as it is kinda big..
Dont want it sitting in the rain/dust/salt in the front, so aiming for alittle more protected place. (not that there is room in front without cutting frame members)

Where have you guys installed youre solenoid?

Drilled holes, measuring cutouts for bumper and where to cut off the fairlead mount:

The solenoid is kinda big.

This is the only place where its actually room for it.. But i dont know if i can drill holes there yet.
Attachments:

• Young Pretender
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 May 2018 12:15 #192437 by Young Pretender
Replied by Young Pretender on topic Jimnybits winch cryb, anyone got pictures?
Looking good. I mounted mine in between the windscreen washer reservoir and the bulkhead. Not the nearest job mind you so I won’t post a pic lol

• Mraz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 May 2018 19:13 #192447 by Mraz
I had the same problem and I also needed a bigger battery so I've made this.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds