BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Resetting TPMS after fitting spare wheel ?

More
18 Mar 2018 11:42 #190564 by kfrogzx7
Has anyone got any tips for resetting the Tyre Press Monitoring after swapping the wheels around ?
I tried to follow to the letter the Owners Manual instructions ( which didn't seem to make a lot of sense it has to be said ) but I can't get the tyre warning light to go off.
Any ideas welcome please ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2018 15:53 - 18 Mar 2018 15:55 #190573 by Scimike
Not sure which year TPMS was introduced, but if its new enough could you pop back to your dealer and ask them to re set it?
Also just thinking, does the spare have TPMS? Suzuki are not know to fit items just for the fun of it, if they can save a few pence etc..
Interestingly when I test drove a 2017 from our Suzuki dealer the TPMS warning was on in that also, so maybe even the dealers can't make sense of the manual :laugh:
Sorry I can't more than point out the obvious, sure the collective on here will know.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 18 Mar 2018 15:55 by Scimike.

More
18 Mar 2018 16:08 #190575 by kfrogzx7
Thanks Scimike, yes, it's still just in warranty ( it's a 2015 model ) and I might have to take it back, that just seems such a palaver when just changing a wheel !! Surely it can't be that complicated can it ?
The spare does have tpms, but isn't being recognized and it is now seemingly locked into an error message.

More
18 Mar 2018 21:47 #190585 by Bosanek
When you finally learn how to resolve the issue, please write here about it so that we can share the knowledge.

More
19 Mar 2018 10:34 #190596 by kfrogzx7
Haven't tried it yet but one solution might be as per below :

www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-installations...urself-for-free.html

More
19 Mar 2018 18:25 #190609 by helijohn
This is interesting because my Suzuki - a Celerio - does not have sensors in the wheel but works off the ABS sensors. Is that how yours works?

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
23 Mar 2018 18:30 #190796 by Rhinoman

kfrogzx7 wrote: Haven't tried it yet but one solution might be as per below :

www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-installations...urself-for-free.html

That's rather specific to that model/make, I would be very wary about randomly shorting out wires.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.

More
23 Mar 2018 19:40 #190799 by kfrogzx7
Yes, I'd only try it if I found the fabled white wire / connector and it seemed to correspond with the one described.
It does seem to illustrate, however, that some sort of work around without a trip to the dealer should be possible ?

More
30 Mar 2018 11:44 #191043 by Basketcase
Have you tried going for a little run in it over 40mph for a mile or so? I.e take it down motorway a junction or 2 and back? I can’t remember which car it was but when I worked at a dealership (Suzuki,Citroen,Kia) one of the models had to be done that way.

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds