BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Jimny -2003 3" lift and 195/80/15

More
24 Oct 2017 14:43 #185490 by Keithy
Looks to be a great project!

Paint it Red!! :D

Well at least you'll know what parasitic losses are and that power has to be paid for etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Millen
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Oct 2017 17:44 - 26 Oct 2017 17:47 #185552 by Millen
Replied by Millen on topic Jimny -2003 3" lift and 195/80/15
Got help with lots of the math and pretty much everything in different ways.
Discussion on forums and with engineers from different companies and private persons producing parts.
Thats and a lot of time spent on searching and reading about how others have done.
Lots of time and money was put into the 944.
It will be fun when it is driveable again, and maybe has those 400 to 450+ hp with lots of torque.
Think 400 would be better, because of risk of headlift around there, but with the racewarebolts and the balancing it should be ok to boost more.

If I was going to sell it, I would tone the tuning down and give it a fresh painjob before instead.

Think I will strip things down an go light if I decide to use it for racing at the track, as it was planned. : )
If i use it on the track I will just keep the original paintjob and put the money on plastic windows and such.
Driving in 120 km/h and the splitter will be 5 cm from the pavement, better be careful not hitting to many curbs.

That project teched me a lot, and I tend to take it quite far if I get into it.

Some day, things will be in place and the mapping is done, R-tires and so on ...

But I got a Jimny, and a clutch is on the way here! Woho!
Safari version, new cable for it and some filters.
Thanks to Martin and the BJ shop. : )
Last edit: 26 Oct 2017 17:47 by Millen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds